Data Center Systems Administrator Principle - 2687
Ready to launch your career? RGNext operates, maintains, and sustains mission-critical systems to provide safe and effective launch, testing, and tracking of Department of Defense, civil, commercial and international space lift vehicles. We support ballistic missile, guided weapon and aeronautical tests and evaluations as well as support space situational awareness operations and experiments to defend the United States to ensure our nation’s safety. Our employees serve on the forefront of global defense and space operations. We offer our team of experienced, professional employees an environment of challenging, stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities.
This position is located at Vandenberg Space Force Base, California.
This position may be eligible for a hybrid telecommuting schedule after the initial training period.
- Act as part of a team to maintain established SLAs for the virtual environment
- Provide input on the development of process and procedures for administering and supporting the new virtualization environment
- Build, configure and maintain VMware clients, servers, and architecture
- Collaborate with subcontractors and vendors performing installations and configurations
- Collaborate with system engineers to migrate existing systems into the virtualization environment
- Provide hands on support for virtualization & network environment
- Participate in the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects
- Apply advanced methods, theories and research techniques and assist in the development, implementation and documentation of processes and procedures to ensure compliance with business practices
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the capability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate, partner, and collaborate with team members
- Aptitude to pick up new concepts and technology rapidly and the ability to explain it to all stakeholders
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills for design and testing of systems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience administering VMware, VSphere, VMware Horizons, Blade servers and Storage arrays
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the administration of enterprise Linux environments. In addition to Linux required experience, experience in the administration of Microsoft environments including windows server, Domain administration and SCCM, preferred
- Experience in complex IT environments which incorporate tradition and non-traditional IT services
- Knowledge of VMware, VXRail, Data Domain, Avamar, Kubernetes & Tanzu systems administration concepts, practices and procedures
- Familiarity with securing server environments in a regulated industry
- Experience supporting 24x7x365 mission critical IT infrastructure
- Experience in transitioning organizations from standalone to virtualized environments
- Experience with system security and best practices
- Experience administering server environments in a 24x7x365 mission critical environment
- Experience with supporting enterprise datacenter hardware including Dell VXRail environments, preferred
- Experience in complex, multivendor networking environments, preferred
- Familiarity with DISA STIGs and RMF/DIACAP frameworks, preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- DoD 8570 Security+ Certification required
- Applicable Certifications, preferred:
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSE/MCSA)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA/RHCE)
- Cisco Certifications (CCNA/CCNP)
- IASAE II (CASP CE, CISSP (or Associate), or CSSLP)
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Some travel may be required (less than 10%)
- The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project or mission requirements
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Must be fully vaccinated from the COVID-19 virus, which means two weeks have passed since a single-shot vaccine or the second dose of a two-shot vaccine
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required
What We Offer:
- Everyday Wellness: Access to on-base facilities which may include: fitness centers, pool, bowling alley, recreational facilities, beach access and restaurants.
- Financial Opportunities: 401k savings program with company match and vesting on day one, retail and merchant employee discount programs, life insurance, business travel insurance and more.
- Work/Life Balance: Tuition reimbursement programs and flexible schedules.
- Equal Opportunity: Commitment to diversity and strategic partnerships.
Note: This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
RGNext is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected class.