PeaceHealth is seeking a Sterile Processing Technician - Central Services for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Variable shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 174271
Responsible for operating autoclaves and other equipment to clean, decontaminate and sterilize instruments and equipment, including power equipment as applicable. Also responsible for inspecting and assembling instruments, trays and packs.
- Responsible for the coordination, assembly, and distribution of supplies, equipment, and instruments for surgical cases.
- Re-stocking inventory.
- Cleaning, decontaminating, disassembling, and sterilizing instruments and supplies.
- Operate a variety of sterilization equipment.
- Clean and maintain department equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required unless otherwise designated)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Completion of a National Central Service Technician course and/or six months experience as a Sterile Process Technician preferred.
- Certification from IAHCSMM, CBSPD, or other nationally recognized certifying body required within one year of hire.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communications in English required.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time with ability to push and pull carts exceeding 100 lbs. unassisted at times.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants extreme cold or heat sharp instruments or, dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Ability to stand on feet for the duration of any scheduled shift; ability to stoop and bend consistently without restrictions.
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Vancouver, Southwest Medical Center (150)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $17.78, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Technician / Technologist || Full Time || OTHER ANCILLARY SVCS
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Nearest Secondary Market: Tacoma
Job Segment: Sterile Processing, Medical Technologist, Technician, Medical, Social Media, Healthcare, Technology, Marketing