Spokane, WA - Automation & Controls Engineer
Automation & Controls Engineer
- Applies a thorough knowledge of current principles and practices of controls engineering
- Provides technical direction to the controls team in control system design and implementation within project scope
- Provides recommendations and direction for change management within active projects
- As required, performs control system design and implementation
- Serves as the highest-ranking technical resource to control/automation engineered systems
- Mastery in the development of controls, PLC & SCADA software and instrumentation-based control systems •
- Implements the definition and oversees the coding phases of software projects, including specifications, control descriptions and client feedback
- Directs, and as required, performs fieldwork (data collection, start-up, testing and commissioning of control systems)
- Takes the lead in technical research for all things control and automation
Education, Skills and Experience
- BSc in electrical engineering with minimum of 10 years’ experience in petrochemical, oil & gas, power generation and/or metallurgical/mineral process industries. MSc a plus.
- Capable of working directly with clients from proposal development through project execution.
- Previous consulting experience is strongly preferred.