You enjoy working in a collaborative fashion with incredibly talented people that can inspire and challenge you. You possess a strong technical background and have a high degree of appreciation for game features design in backend. You're laser-focused on the details yet manage to think beyond the current state.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join one of our game development teams.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Take ownership game backend features (Design, architect, implement, Support document, and test)
- Mentor and support other programmers in their usage of it
- Responsible for ad-hoc projects and/or requirements may arise as requested
In order to be successful for this role, we are looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expert in software engineering with back-end/server-side
- Database experience (MongoDB/any RDBMS)
- You have worked on a RESTful API system
- You have shipped at least 1 game title from the beginning of production
- Experience in working in a team of 10+
In addition, It would be nice to have:
- Strong experience in dealing with scale
- Proficiency in Unity3D, C#, node.js
- Experience with Redis
- Practical knowledge of the iOS and Android platforms
- Experience in game production
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes
- Active Github profile
- Experience in performance profiling
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.