PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Clinical Data Abstractor - Quality Outcomes Data & Registries for a 0.75 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Variable shift with shift durations of Variable.
Req ID: 177746
Responsible for abstracting and/or auditing a large volume of clinical case records, data, or other information within established deadlines in support of PeaceHealth's quality assessment and performance improvement program and compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements. Applies clinical training, knowledge and clinical experience in the review of moderate to highly complex clinical information from individual patient records and other sources to abstract data elements for clinical registries and to ensure compliance with standards of care, policies and procedures, regulations or accreditation requirements. Produce reports addressing variances from established standards, and identify significant data trends, outlier values or unusual data for additional review by physicians, clinical value improvement staff and/or leadership. Responsible for the integrity of the reported data.
- Manage, schedule and receive patient records for abstracting from multiple PeaceHealth hospitals; abstract moderate to highly complex clinical data using established definitions and abstraction guidelines; maintain an abstracting volume to meet internal and external reporting deadlines.
- Enter abstracted data into the appropriate registry or third-party vendor software within the established deadlines for data submission.
- Conduct or coordinate audits of patient records or other information to support the quality assurance and performance improvement program in each PeaceHealth community and evaluate compliance with established standards and/or regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Identify potential areas of concern/interest; interpret actual trends and develop reports that display variances from established standards of care or regulatory standards; summarize findings and draw conclusions; maintain ongoing variance reports and communicate findings to provider, clinical value improvement caregivers and/or leadership in a timely manner; work with providers to interpret data trends and/or variances.
- Maintain accuracy in abstraction by following published guidelines and abstraction specifications; maintain accuracy and integrity of audit information by following standards and guidelines; facilitate and participate in quality assurance audits of abstracted/audited data to ensure a high level of inter-rater reliability among the clinical data abstractor team and achievement of acceptable validation results from external audits.
- Create case finding or internal audit reports in an acceptable format for additional review by providers, clinical value improvement caregivers and/or leadership.
- Participates in teleconferences, webinars, and/or onsite educational opportunities. Share knowledge with clinical value improvement caregivers and teams.
- Create and support an environment that fosters and supports teamwork; works collaboratively with providers, clinical value improvement caregivers, health information management, and operational leaders.
- Participate in team or committee meetings to present and discuss data and identify trends as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Associates degree in Nursing required; Bachelor's Degree in Nursing strongly preferred
- Minimum of three years clinical experience in an acute care hospital with preferred experience in surgery, inpatient care, and emergency services. Clinical experience must be recent enough to demonstrate knowledge of current clinical practice standards or demonstration of adequate continuing education.
- An Advanced Nurse Practitioner degree may be substituted for preferred experience.
- Care management and/or hospital insurance case management experience may be substituted for clinical experience. However either must reflect competence in current clinical practice.
- Experience in process/quality improvement, quality measurement, data abstraction, data analysis and reporting, and data integrity strongly preferred. Physician Focus position; information systems experience and knowledge is preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state the nurse will be working.
- CPHQ certification preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology and understanding of disease processes, pharmaceuticals, and diagnostic studies.
- Strong organization, analysis, software aptitude, and communication skills (both written & verbal).
- Proficient skills in database management, spreadsheets, word processing, graphs and presentations.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with physicians and clinicians required.
- Current knowledge of regulatory and accreditation requirements related to data abstraction and reporting, quality assurance, performance improvement and required measurement systems.
SHARED SERVICES - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Vancouver, Shared Services Center (802)
Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Part Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $36.26, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Registered Nurse - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Business, Administrative & Facilities || Risk Management & Quality || Part Time || QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Nearest Secondary Market: Tacoma
Job Segment: Database, Clinic, Nursing, Physiology, Medical, Technology, Healthcare