Purchasing Agent II
Reports To: Senior Purchasing Agent/Preconstruction Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Approximate Salary Range: $80,224 - $99,844
Do you like solving problems or making sure all the pieces fit? Does digging deep into the data and identifying root-cause issues describe you? How about shopping for and finding the smartest value from vendors? Have you ever wanted to be a vital part of the business process that makes a meaningful difference? If so, then ISEC is looking for a problem resolver like you!
This role responsible for purchasing materials and coordinating activities involved with procuring goods and services to assist in the successful bidding and execution of projects. Requests bids then analyses vendor pricing and capacity, to meet budget and project requirements, negotiating if necessary. Presents recommendations to project teams and prepares contracts for the work.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review specifications and architectural drawings to confirm scope of work, including material and labor requirements
- Request quotes, analyze pricing and compliance, prepare contracts and process the required documentation
- Actively develops budgets, schedules and performance plans to meet customer and company goals and objectives
- Work directly with estimators, CAD Technicians and Project Managers
- Interview vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule
- Maintains manual or computerized procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, or inventories
- Prepares engineering instructions for shop drawing process
- Clearly communicates schedules, risks, vendor conditions in the debriefing to the operations team
- Ensures that estimate is complete, and all risk is covered/mitigated. Account for any missing items in estimate
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing or activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Customer Service Skills:
- Demonstrates commitment to deliver outstanding service – both with internal and external customers
- Takes ownership to personally resolve customer problems (or find someone who can)
- Listens well, asks clarifying questions, and checks for agreement with customers
- Committed to following-up with customers in all instances in a timely manner
- Strong sense of accountability - ensures that you will do what you say that you are going to do
- Creates a personal connection with customers – smiles, warm greetings, acts friendly and respectful
- Positive attitude
Purchasing Agent II:
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to minimum qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 4 – 7 years of experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Drives the project team through purchasing process
- Ability to navigate and mitigate risk, communicate these strategies to the team
- Works on medium sized projects
- Intermediate knowledge of ISEC products, services, processes and projects
- Ability to lead an assignment/special project from start to finish
- Makes decisions independently depending on level of complexity
- Functions autonomously most of the time
- Ability to be strategic/think critically and analytically
- Initiates and maintains relationships with key staff and other departments
- Contributes to the company above and beyond position
- Assist in development/mentoring of Level 1; may have direct reports
Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted. To be considered for this position, please apply on ISEC's Career Website.
For over 50 years, we’ve proudly constructed the backdrops for life’s most important events.
Quietly setting the stage, ISEC constructs functional and beautiful architectural surroundings. Our craftsmanship is there amidst the cheers of fans in hometown stadiums, framing joyful reunions in airports across the country, and surrounding parents as they welcome their newborn in expertly outfitted hospital rooms. We invest the time and commitment to deliver world-class facilities.
We got our start in 1967 providing furniture and athletic equipment, and quickly expanded into the healthcare and laboratory industries. By 1970 we extended our Colorado roots into Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle. By 1990, our expertise in high-profile, mega-woodwork projects further propelled us into prominence.
Now with 9 regional offices and over 1,500 talented team members, we continue to exceed craftsmanship and business standards with a long history of excellence, sound project management skills, unwavering partnerships, financial stability, exemplary attention to detail and commitment to any project.
At ISEC, we take time to understand each client’s unique vision and provide true project ownership and accountability. As a prime trades contractor of choice, our craftsmen ensure nothing short of excellent results on every general trade, architectural woodwork, ornamental metals, doors, frames & hardware, specialties, laboratory furniture, and medical equipment project we complete.
Our Why? We’re an employee-owned company and our core values, Commitment to Customer, Integrity, Respect, Safety, and Teamwork, run deep. Our culture is based on a dedication to excellence and providing the highest level of performance, innovation, partnership and support to our team and to our clients.
ISEC is a tobacco/smoke/drug free company, an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and supports workplace diversity. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more information on ISEC, or to review our FMLA notice, please visit our web site: www.isecinc.com.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, employment history, educational history, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
Information to the Applicant:
I certify that all answers and statements made by me on this Application are complete and true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that any false information, omissions, or misrepresentations of facts by me in the Application or during the application process may result in rejection of my application or discharge at any time if I am hired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status. Additional testing of job-related skills and for the presence of drugs may be required prior to employment.
I understand and acknowledge that all offers of employment and continued employment are contingent on compliance with the background check and drug testing policies.