Enable next generation diode and fiber lasers by managing process engineering teams through development and supporting transition from concept to high volume manufacturing. Lead teams through continuous improvement activities in a manufacturing environment of released products, support production as appropriate and coordinate effectively with a wide range of cross functional groups. Reports to the Director of Process Engineering.
- Transform team with vision, mission and direction to build and ramp laser based product lines as part of a key strategy in a vertically integrated organization
- Drive continuous improvement opportunities and yield metrics utilizing wide variety of analytical techniques (such as SPC, DOE, Gage R&R), lean manufacturing and six sigma concepts.
- Assess and drive strategic process development projects based on recent external advancements in appropriate technical field, and qualify into production as capable processes.
- Support transition of new products from prototype to volume production utilizing DFSS and DFM.
- Coordinate with cross functional departments (Quality, Sourcing, Planning, Production, Development, Finance IT)
- Support manufacturing of released processes and products including generating BOMs and routers, documenting work instructions and support training of personnel.
- Lead, engage, develop and coach team of up to 15 engineers and technicians
- Support implementation and drive improvements in Business Management Systems
- Master's in Engineering (Optical, Physics, Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical) or exceptional industrial experience in closely related technologies.
- 5 years of management experience with progressive responsibilities.
- 7+ years of experience in process or product development of lasers, optics or related discipline.
- Strong record of problem solving through structured methodologies and implementing robust processes and systems.
- Strong situational leadership skills with ability to hire talent, build self-directed and high performing teams
- Ability for assertive management and conflict resolution
- Ability to coordinate effectively with cross functional, multi-cultural teams located globally.
- Ability to manage multiple and dynamic projects, make decisions with sub optimal data and under high pressure.
- Experience with setting up new product lines, and transitioning into volume production.
- Green Belt, Black Belt or Lean Expert Preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
nLIGHT is subject to US Export Control regulations. To qualify for this position, a Foreign Person (that is, not a US Citizen or legal Permanent Resident) must be eligible for a deemed export license under the US Department of Commerce and/or the US Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or age. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: “EEO is the Law“ and its accompanying temporary supplement.
nLIGHT is a rapidly growing vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, microelectronics and defense applications. nLIGHT develops and manufactures fiber lasers based on industry-leading semiconductor laser and optical fiber technology. nLIGHT is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington with additional sites in North America, Asia and Europe. nLIGHT lasers are not only changing the way things are made, but what can be made.