The Kabam UX team is looking for a new team leader on our hit game Marvel Contest of Champions!
Why a UI and UX Designer?
Great question! Our team crafts both the user experience and interface designs for the titles we work on. We consider UI design to be part of UX design, and breakdown our work by feature. One UX designer is responsible for each feature, from the beginning to the end. This allows us to stay actively engaged with a project, while also focusing on a variety of interests throughout the development cycle.
What’s expected of me?
As the team lead for UX & UI you have an excellent understanding of design principles, design-thinking methodology and user-research. Not only do you appreciate the value of user-research and design-process - knowing how and when to employ it to improve your work - you help guide others within these areas, both in and outside of your team. Being a leader is important to you because you feel pride and joy from empowering, mentoring and supporting your team to do their best work and reach their goals. You are the type of person who loves to learn new things, whether it be software, design methods or simply how your newly-made friends work day-to-day. Having a leader-mentality is absolutely critical; you own your tasks, features, and overall project - while helping others do the same. You excel under pressure and find creative solutions to any problem at hand.
Honest and genuine communication is the cornerstone for success with you and your team, and you are passionate about fostering healthy working relationships. Design process excites you, and collaborating with others is your second nature. You strive to have a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, and actively play the games that we develop to stay engaged and up-to-speed. Your wealth of experience and abilities have equipped you to identify and solve any UX issue within the game development process, defining clear goals, strategies and contingency plans for you and your team to follow.
What are our Values?
- Have Nerd Passion!™ - be curious, creative, enthusiastic, reasonably joyful, self-motivated and inspiring
- Challenge assumptions - be an advocate for UX design and strive to understand our players
- Put We-before-Me - collaborate, share your passions, and help build teamwork
- Be a leader - take pride in your work, take initiative, and set an example
What would my day look like?
- Empowering your team to work to the best of their abilities, and remove any hurdles they encounter
- Work with production teams and other discipline leadership to manage capacity plans, development, and product roadmap
- Review and provide feedback for all your team members:wireframes, competitive-analysis, focus group & usability reports, mockups & annotated documentation, user-flows, etc...
- Have frequent 1-on-1 discussions to solve issues and maintain team-health
- Working with other discipline leads to define product goals and task prioritization
- Learning and sharing best practices with the team
- Pro-actively finding ways to improve our games and processes
- Providing mentorship for your team with the development and presentation of their work
What are the credentials?
- 5+ years of experience as a professional UI and/or UX designer
- Education background in a HCI, UX, or a communication design related field
- A strong portfolio demonstrating effective user experience flows, wireframes and interaction design work
- Strong communication and team-leadership abilities; experience mentoring, managing and developing teams and individuals
- A passion for solving human-centered design challenges and graphic design communication problems
- Understanding of “free-to-play” business models, including customer acquisition, retention, and monetization
- A strong interest in gaming and experience with game development - mobile games is an important plus!
- Project management techniques and software comprehension
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us!
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.