Kabam game designers are focused on making incredible experiences for hundreds of millions of players around the world. We are looking for designers who are eager to work with some of the best IPs in the business in a studio that values intentional design thinking.
As a Kabam Designer, you see the world of gaming as so much more than a hobby. Your passion for action RPG games fosters the need to know how they're made. You find yourself dissecting the progression, monetization, and gameplay systems and are intrigued by seeing how modifications can change the way people play.
Whether you’re focused on Systems, Characters, Content or Economies, our Design team continually iterates on the design process, solving interesting problems using intention based design with a holistic approach.
As a designer, you will:
- Provide input on the game’s vision and help champion that vision to other team members
- Develop documents, write scripts and identify system needs that are able to deliver the best game experience in line with overarching vision
- Collaborate with an awesome, multi-disciplinary team to create compelling player experiences
- Design rules and parameters for features and systems, implement and tune game systems, economies, and progression linesCommunicate design functionality and vision
- Level-up our Design presence that is felt studio-wide
- Exercise production skills to set and deliver on prioritiesTake a holistic approach to design rules and experiences with input and consideration from a multi-faceted team of contributors, including Live Operations, UX, Art disciplines
- Combine passion, skill and expertise to continually raise the design bar.
Your background includes:
- Experience designing systems, characters and/or economies on at least one shipped title
- Intellectual curiosity and logical thinking
- Rock-solid organizational and project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Bonus if you have raw technical skills including;Scripting experience
- Strong math skills
- Spreadsheet wizardry
- A hunger for new, different and exciting design challenges
Interested? Tell us what you’re looking for - in your application, tell us what type of design you’re excited by - what games have influenced you?
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.