Columbia Bank is proud to offer internship opportunities to college students looking to pursue a career in banking. Our internship program provides both real world work experience as well as opportunities to serve in our local communities. Columbia Banks community banking philosophy places the highest priority on relationship-based customer service and providing a positive work environment, while striving to make meaningful contributions to each of the communities it serves. We truly believe that our people make the difference.
We are seeking a highly-motivated Enterprise Risk Management Intern to work with our Enterprise Risk Management Team. Enterprise Risk is uniquely positioned and plays a critical role within Columbia Bank. Enterprise Risk Management provides the Bank with risk management protocols, insight, governance, and oversight.
- Assist in model validation work; including research of industry methodology on probability default and/or regression models
- Provide cost benefit analysis on assigned projects
- Data quality and integrity reviews
- Report building and statistical analysis
- Consistently deliver quality work
- Plan and organize tasks to meet deadlines
- Proactively update and track progress of tasks with management
- Actively seek guidance from team members as needed
- Solicit feedback and consistently seek improvement
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
- Familiarity with coding language (R, VBA, SQL)
- Statistical analysis, economics, and business process knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Currently enrolled in college or graduate level courses and pursuing a degree/advanced degree in statistics, financial engineering, economics, applied mathematics or a related field
- Provide proof of 3.0 GPA or better (an official transcript is required)
- Commit to 1-0-12 weeks of continuous, full time work during the summer
- Must provide own living arrangements and transportation
Our Core Behaviors:
- Be Genuine. Conduct yourself in a consistent, honest and compassionate manner at all times.
- Work Ethic. Be willing to go the extra mile for the customer, whether internal or external.
- Influence. Be an active player in participating, building and contributing to service.
- Continuous Learning. Commit to gaining knowledge, skills and experience on an ongoing basis in order to better serve the customer, increase personal satisfaction and improve Columbia Bank.
- Team Play. We win together. Individuality is encouraged to advance and enrich the work of the team.
- Problem Solving. Bring creative, problem-solving mentality to every situation. See alternatives, take initiative and assume responsibility for your actions.
- Communication. Keep others informed and up-to-date. Actively listen and learn from each other.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
- Ability to effectively discern information and formulate appropriate action
- Ability to reach, squat, bend, and manually manipulate standard office equipment
- Ability to drive to various locations
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solutions