Organization NameCompany Overview
WESCO is known for the best service and the best people, always going above and beyond to provide top-notch service to our customers. As a leading global provider of supply chain solutions, WESCO's goal is to ensure that our customers have the products they need, when and where they need them — whether that is on a construction site or in a manufacturing plant. We back up those products with proven expert services that help companies increase efficiency and productivity, reduce costs, create safer workplaces, and achieve sustainability goals. If this is a culture you want to be a part of, we invite you to join WESCO, a place where inclusion and diversity is valued and continuous improvement is a way of life.
Performs receiving, stock keeping, picking, packing and shipping activities. Also responsible for counter sales, inventory accuracy, housekeeping, maintaining safety standards and related quality assurance activities.Detailed Description
- Completes local safety orientation and training courses.
- Handles incoming shipments.
- Performs verification of supplier inbound, customer returns, branch returns, and enters order receipts into computer and RF systems
- Performs quality assurance inspections.
- Places received material, after segregating backorders, into proper warehouse storage locations. When appropriate, relocates and consolidates material and notifies management of new bon/table locations.
- Utilizes available computer and RF equipment to stage and putaway inbound material.
- Fills out logs sheets for inbound overages, shortages, damages or non-compliant material.
- Uses manual or RF process to pick, pack, weigh and ship product.
- Prepares and assembles manual or system generated packing lists and bills of lading for outbound supplier returns customer and branch shipments.
- Assists in packing, labeling, wrapping and loading outbound trucks.
- Uses system generated or manually prepare local delivery records and complete applicable blocks on pick ticket.
- Maintains appropriate forms and records pending return of material.
- Verifies return policy guidelines are followed prior to issuing credit for returned material.
- Pulls stock and returns to location pending credit memo, sale, or return to supplier.
- Cleans warehouse and trucking and parking area.
- Ensures safety and security policies are followed.
- Assists in velocity slotting product and re-profiling bins, racks, shelves and tables as instructed.
- Performs work at established productivity standards.
- Administers preventative maintenance programs to delivery vehicles and warehouse equipment to ensure proper functioning and safety practices for warehouse operations.
- Records verbal and written complaints from customers concerning dissatisfaction with product or service provided.
- Processes complaints as instructed.
- Maintains counter stock and assists with counter sales.
- Assists with warehouse activities as instructed by supervisor or manager.
Warehouse operations experience preferred.
High School Degree or equivalent preferred.
Basic computer skills.
- Warehouse – Work is generally performed in a warehouse environment. The noise level is moderately quiet. Generally well ventilated and well lighted. Warehouse employees may be exposed to all kinds of weather and may be required to wear protective clothing. Operates heavy equipment. Strict safety regulations may be required.
- Work is physically strenuous and workers are required to lift heavy packages up to 50 pounds.
- Work may require excessive bending or stooping.
- Employee required to walk long distances repeatedly throughout the day.
- Employee required to use hand tools.
- Employee required to problem-solve.
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, paid time off (PTO), 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (“WESCO“), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.“
Press “Apply Now“ below.
CurrencyUSDCountryUnited States of AmericaUnited States of America