As a family owned and operated company for over 25 years, The Larson group has built a solid reputation by providing superior quality products and services. When it comes to knowing trucks, no one does it better than the professionals at The Larson Group. There is a reason that TLG has been recognized numerous times as Peterbilt's Platinum Oval, Best in Class and North American Dealer of the Year.
When it comes to hiring, TLG looks at potential, not just experience. TLG values their employees and are willing to invest in their growth by providing training with cutting edge technology, the newest engines, computer programs and diagnostic tools. And because we consider our employees family, we insist on protecting them and their family's well-being by providing medical and life insurance, 401K plans, vacation, and other optional benefits.
If you take pride in a hard day's work, are adaptable, a problem solver, and a self-starter, than we want you to be part of The Larson Group at one of our 18 locations across the mid-west. We want you to be part of our family.
Peterbilt of Ft Smith, Inc. is looking for an experienced Journeyman Diesel Service Technician to join our dynamic team. The potential candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting and repairing diesel engines, electrical systems, transmissions and other various components found on heavy-duty trucks with minimal supervision. We are currently offering a $750 SIGN ON BONUS! Inquire at Peterbilt of Ft Smith for details.
- Accurately troubleshoot and diagnose vehicle problems
- Perform repairs in accordance with dealership and factory standards
- Communicate effectively with parts department personnel, other technicians, and customers
- Accurately document all work performed and tag appropriate parts
- Test repairs to ensure customer problem is resolved
- Maintain service area, tools, and instruments in a clean and organized manner
- Perform repairs on the road as assigned
- Complete other duties and repairs as assigned
- Should possess a high school diploma
- A college degree or a certificate/degree from a trade school is preferred, but not required
- Minimum four years dealership experience
- Industry certifications are preferred
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check