Schaeffler, a global automotive and industrial supplier, is seeking a candidate for our Product Management - Engine / Transmission role to support Schaeffler Automotive Aftermarket in Valley City, Ohio, 20 miles southwest of Cleveland.
The primary responsibility of this position is to maintain and further develop the product portfolio of the INA program in USA and Canada to achieve growth goals. This includes the definition of program scope, implementation of new parts in ERP and PIM systems, insurance of accurate data quality such as product master data. Furthermore, the development of technical and marketing material. Also considered is the determination of market prices to achieve the margin objectives. Additional task is to optimize the sourcing of existing and new products in conjunction with the purchasing department. Also, the research and development of suppliers is part of the position.
Supporting sales and marketing activities such as trade shows and trainings. Range extension projects have to be coordinated within the respective plants and the aftermarket organization. Overall, the position is responsible to maintain the program through the complete lifecycle.
- Maintenance and further development of Schaeffler engine components program
- Develop and implement plan to support line growth
- Gap analysis based on Schaeffler catalog information and car park data
- Developing and providing proposals for implementing new products
- Data implementation in ERP and PIM systems
- Follow standard processes and further develop and optimize them
- Define market prices and ensure margin goals
- Creation of inventory proposals in conjunction with purchasing and planning department
- Support marketing to develop sales and promotion materials
- Support technical service to develop technical information bulletins
- Optimizing sourcing and develop existing and new suppliers
This position description is not intended to serve as an exhaustive list of tasks, competencies, prerequisites, or goals. Other tasks or goals may be assigned – either on a temporary or permanent basis – as deemed necessary by company officials. Position descriptions, or the employee’s job, may be modified or changed by the company at any time. This position description should not be considered to be a contract of employment.
- Minimum 8 Years related experience in automotive aftermarket and project management
- Extensive bearing and engine parts product and market knowledge
- Four-year technical degree or comparable education
- Very well-developed analytical skills
- High level of computer/ system knowledge (PIM, SAP)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong MS Office proficiency
- Very market driven, goal oriented and proactive work attitude
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and effectiveness
Schaeffler is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans