Responsible fordeveloping innovative and cost effective solutions which focus on driving efficiencies,improving guest experience, increasing employee productivity and growingrevenues.
- 5-7 years work experience in delivering value added technology-based solutions to business requirements.
- Extensive experience in business analysis, business process improvement, technology insertion management and operational support, planning and budgeting required.
- Comprehensive understanding of:
- Production operating systems,
- Transaction processing systems, r
- Relational database architecture,
- Wide and local area networks,
- Communication protocols,
- Real-time systems,
- Mission-critical gaming systems,
- IT industry standards, as well as various types of computer terminal equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drivecontinuous improvement in IT environment at property, seeking to leveragecorporate standards or bringing up new ideas for review e.g. consolidation,virtualization etc.
- Drivevendor management and seek opportunities for cost reduction at property.
- Focus on improving overall system performance anduptime.
- Develop business case for initiatives following theestablished process and rigor e.g. create NPV/IRR analysis.
- Driveoperational stability, optimization and efficiency
- Managethe monitoring and performance of all market based Computer Systems, executingappropriate escalation and corrective actions for all hardware and softwareproblems in accordance with pre-defined service agreements.
- Ensurethe market level execution of operations, support, and change managementprocesses and procedures.
- Leadsthe development of IT Plans, technical strategies, business continuity/disasterrecovery and budget plans as they relate to their market.
- Responsiblefor life cycle management of IT resources and assets
- Directlyresponsible for capacity planning (including monitoring, analyzing,synthesizing and documenting) on all property based systems to ensure thatresponse time and application availability meet the documented requirements andsatisfy the property's needs.
- Managesmarket portion of company-wide I.T. initiatives, projects, roll-outs, etc. whennecessary.
- Buildstrong partnerships & relationships with Senior Leadership, Managers,Supervisors and vendors – Leadership, Transparency and Collaboration are KeySuccess Factors
- EnsureStandards compliance and management, drive Enterprise Standards and ensure allproducts and services are certified and authorized to be placed into production
- DirectIT Planning & Budget Review Strategy Sessions via monthly budget reviews,as well as capital and operating plan reviews
- Understandsand is well-versed with both the business, as well as corporate roadmaps andstrategy. Remain fluent with property, corporate and market events as well asexternal environmental forces. Remain well-versed with local regulatoryrequirements.
- StaffDevelopment - Develop & nurture a talent pool of Property Engineerpositioned for Market Technology Manager Role
- Represent property interests on, and locallydeploy, enterprise solutions
- Champion local innovations and solutions tomeet local business drivers within the framework of acceptable standards
- Collaborate with Corporate PMO and otherinitiative, project, and technical teams to minimize redundant work andeliminate rogue solution development/deployment at the property level
Physical, Mental & EnvironmentalDemands:
- Must be able to work independently. Ability to read, writes, speak, andunderstand English.
- Must be able to bend, crouch, kneel, and twist in the workarea.
- Respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to operate a computer, typewriter, overhead,copier, and fax machine.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate all officeequipment.
- Must be able to recognize and respond to individuals withquestions.
Harrah'sreserves the right to make changes to this job description whenevernecessary.
Preferenceis given to qualified Rincon tribal members and members of other federallyrecognized tribes.
See job description