Is accountable for the delivery of high quality nursing care and for the nursing management of emergency department on a 24-hour basis by assisting the Nursing Manager. Fulfills all duties and responsibilities associated with the assistant position.
The Assistant Nurse Manager uses leadership skills to manage the patient/family experience, the daily operation of the unit, and staff/human resource aspects through the utilization of critical thinking , teamwork, effective communication, nursing judgment/knowledge/skills according to facility's policies and standards.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of an accredited registered nurse program required.
- Current California RN license or interim permit required
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
Licensures & Certifications:
- BLS (for the healthcare provider) is required
- National certification in area of population specialty required within 1 year of role required
- ACLS is required
- PALS is required
- Two (2) years of acute care experience preferred in area of specialty or according to regulatory standards required
- Leadership experience is preferred.
- Must possess basic computer knowledge and kills.
- Use leadership and supervisory skills to oversee the patient/family experience, independently leads the practice and prioritization of multiple demands in an ever-changing environment.
- Must have demonstrated expert nursing skills as well as effective English written and communication skills.