The Opportunity: Program Buyer
Curtiss-Wright's Integrated Systems business unit is a long established technology leader supplying rugged, high performance COTS electronic subsystems for defense customers. We serve as a technology and integration partner to our customers, providing a full range of advanced, highly engineered solutions from modular open systems approaches to fully custom optimized solutions.
We are looking for a high-energy, change-driven, experienced Program Buyer to be part of our team. This senior position requires a qualified professional with a proven track record of assessing commodity requirements, sourcing, and managing vendors for materials and services. The successful candidate must bring significant experience in procurement of multiple commodities including components, PCB's, mechanicals, and services in an MRP environment
Working in close partnership with the Engineering and Operations teams
- Prepare and manage RFP/RFQ proposals, purchase agreements, and statements of work Evaluate quotations/proposals to determine recommended vendor sourcing
- Ensure Approved Vendor List management and compliance Assess material demand to determine procurement requirements, and prepare and execute
- Purchase Orders in compliance with Policy Monthly review and reporting of commodity/vendor KPI's Manage vendor relationships
- Proactively identify efficiency and/or cost savings opportunities and programs, and work with both vendors and internal teams to drive implementation Take a lead role in driving process improvement and management of obsolescence issues.
- Closely manage system data (pricing, lead times, dates, etc.) to ensure accuracy and monitor orders to ensure vendor commitments and/or expedite needs are fulfilled
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in business or supply chain management Minimum of 8 years supply chain experience in an MRP environment
- Deep working knowledge of SAP is an asset
- Thorough understanding of automated procurement systems and MRP Lean Manufacturing knowledge desirable
- Experience in an AS9100C environment is an asset Experience of purchasing for aerospace/military programs In-depth knowledge in the areas of procurement, planning and material management
- Proven negotiation skills Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Process-oriented, with an eye for identifying and driving efficiencies through change
- Outstanding teaming, interpersonal, and relationship building skills including influencing and collaboration with internal and external customers and partners
- Ability to cope with ambiguity and frequent change in direction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled