Position Title: Packaging Equipment Operator
Location: Valencia, CA
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
The Packaging Equipment Operator sets up, operates, monitors and adjusts equipment to package product and ensure compliance with standard operating procedures, safety rules and good manufacturing processes GMP's. The Packaging Equipment Operator reports to the department Supervisor and partners with cross-functional teams to ensure we package quality vitamins.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we must make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver are:
- Operates a variety of packaging equipment on a production line.
- Uses computer programming to enter data, adjust controls and operate machinery.
- Continually monitors equipment and product moving through line to ensure quality, packs and seals boxes; loads packed products onto pallets ensuring production and safety goals are met.
- Maintains accurate logs and records of production and cleaning activities, ensuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with procedures.
- Performs in-process quality checks, pulls in-process and retains samples as needed, inspects tablets, capsules and bottles for defects as they are being packaged. Notifies Line Lead or Supervisor of problems that disrupts production.
- Disassembles and sanitizes equipment at closeout of products; washes parts and machinery with water and cleansing/sanitizing agents; dries as necessary.
- Performs all duties in compliance with cGMP's, SOP's, JIs, and safety and quality procedures.The ideal candidate is a quick learner, flexible, and adaptable. You are willing to take initiative to keep the packaging lines running. Able to work beyond shift specific hours, including weekends as required.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- A working knowledge of the manufacturing/packaging operations, usually resulting from a minimum of 6 months of experience.
- Ability to read and understand procedures, good manufacturing practices “GMP's“, packaging standards, batch records, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Comfortable with performing basic math calculations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of manufacturing type of machinery.
- Ability to work in team-environment, take direction from a packaging line Lead, stand/walk for the full work shift, and walk up and down stairs and use ladders.It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 45 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.
In order to take on these challenges, you'll need to have:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Manual dexterity to manipulate filling and labeling equipment controls, small production containers on a production line, and hand tools to assemble/disassemble parts of equipment.
- Ability to routinely lift and or move loads of up to 50 lbs. with the use of pallet jacks and or other mechanical aids. Pulls/pushes boxes of product on/off line and/or pallets using pallet jack, hoists etc.
Here, career paths aren't predefined, and bureaucratic limitations don't exist -- you have the opportunity to grow, learn from industry pioneers, and develop the way you want to. Pharmavite is investing more in the development of our team -- to help us deliver on our purpose and help you achieve your career aspirations. Our environment is geared to fuel curiosity, encourage experimentation, and generate learning as this is the way we develop ourselves and our organization. Pharmavite is committed to meeting the needs of our employees and their families with a Total Rewards package that's as comprehensive as the vitamins and supplements we deliver to consumers. With competitive compensation programs and standout benefits, we provide employees with optimal health and well-being -- as well as peace of mind. These rewards -- plus our new recognition program -- ensure employees feel supported both at work and home.
Visit Pharmavite.com/careers to learn more about our mission and discover an opportunity that's right for you. Health and wellness begin with us. Pharmavite is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status. We do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.