Requisition Number: DIREC01334
Description: Reporting to the COO, the Director of Grower Relations will manage a network of Sunkist growers throughout the citrus growing regions (Central Valley, Coastal region, So Cal and Cal Desert region) in California and Arizona and will be responsible for strengthening grower relationships and creating opportunities to engage with prospective growers. The role will be the main point of contact between the growers and packing houses and be the go-to person for any information or support growers need from Sunkist. As a bridge between our growers and Sunkist, the Director of Grower Relations will develop understanding of key industry metrics including but not limited to current citrus trends, challenges and market opportunities.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Cultivates and maintains a professional, effective, and mutually beneficial working relationship between Sunkist, Growers and packinghouses.
- Creates a multi-year plan for deepening relationships between Sunkist growers in California and Arizona, that drives a greater understanding of growers needs and opportunities
- Serve as the main point of contact for packinghouses to support grower contracts.
- Develop plan to understand the challenges and opportunities that the grower community has with respect to their business and develop change management efforts with grower support in mind.
- Coordinates contract administration and work with shared services to maintain grower information
- Builds trust-based relationships with members, prospective members, and internal/external business partners to develop and execute on strategic plans.
- Participates and project manages the implementation of new internal database that will serve as our grower contract database and analysis for market trends and key data metrics.
- Attend and represent Sunkist at citrus and related agricultural industry events to cultivate relationships with current and prospective growers
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Maintains a professional appearance and personal conduct at all times.
Min Qualifications (Education, Certifications/Licenses, Experiences, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor's Degree in Ag Business, Ag Science, or related fields
- 7-10 years of agriculture management, relationship building, account management within the citrus industry.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, and the ability to simultaneously manage multi-year strategic plans and day-to-day tactical activities
- Must possess a valid unrestricted driver’s license and have reliable means of transportation.
- Travel up to 50% of the time, primarily to California / Arizona growing areas