Team Lead - Pastry Chef (Vail, CO, US)
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Outlet:The Arrabelle at Vail Square
Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time - Year Round
Skill Level: Advanced
Pastry Team Lead - The Arrabelle, a RockResort - Vail, CO
The Pastry Team Lead is responsible for ensuring that all Resort guests have the highest quality culinary experience possible while maintaining a profitable Food & Beverage Division. The Pastry Team Lead assists the Pastry Chef with oversight of all aspects of the pastry department's operations that include; Tavern on the Square, Catering, In-Room Dining, Game Creek Chalet, special events and employee meals. Additional responsibilities include developing an amenity program that involves Rooms Department, Holidays and Special Events as well as Special Amenities for our Restaurant, Tavern on the Square. This includes fresh, quality oriented and interesting deserts, breads and pastries appropriate for the outlets previously described. The Pastry Team Lead assists the executive chef and pastry chef, as well as the restaurant and main kitchen sous chefs in any and all pastry related operations. The Pastry Chef will maintain all health department standards, brand standards and safety standards and must be Serve Safe Certified. They will manage financial expectations of the Resort through implementation of inventory and labor cost controls on a daily basis.
The Pastry Team Lead assists in motivating a team to meet department and resort goals in tandem with the rest of the culinary team. Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all co-workers, managers and guests. Capable of working as a part of a cohesive culinary/kitchen team. Adheres to all five star/diamond brand standards to ensure that all guests have an outstanding culinary experience.
The Pastry Team Lead is a supervisor inhigh end-fast paced culinary environment. They will exhibit a high level of creativity and passion for menudevelopment. They will assist in prepping the dessert station and re-stocking, as necessary. They will work closely with catering sales managers and the Culinary Team and well as attending applicable meetings. They will assist the culinary team as needed and help to receive food and dry goods for the department and properly account for such deliveries. Keep all coolers and walk-ins neat and clean. Properly store/cover all food items and rotate products for freshness. Helps the Chef maintain all par levels for the kitchen(s).
- High School diploma or equivalent. -required
- Current certification in state Professional Food Handler Program. -required
- Previous culinary experience. -required
- Two years of pastry experience in an upscale, high volume hotel/resort or restaurant. -required
- Prior management/supervisory experience. -required
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both written and verbal. -required
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time. -required
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. -required
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays. -required
- Culinary degree/certificate. -preferred
- Computer proficiency. -preferred
- Prior experience using word, outlook and excel. -preferred
- Ability to communicate in Spanish. -preferred
The budgeted range starts at $24-28. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 458976