Eagle County Housing Manager (Vail, CO, US)
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Outlet: Eagle County / Park City
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time / Year Round
- The budgeted range starts at $67,000 - $81,150 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The Eagle County Housing Manager is responsible for overseeing the housing portfolio for their region and leading a high talent team. This individual will work directly with the Director of Employee Housing to help execute the Employee Housing strategy to ensure support of our current and future business needs. They will oversee Employee Housing, ensuring alignment to provide an Experience of a Lifetime - which includes creating a safe, inclusive, vibrant and affordable housing environment that is compliant with all regulatory requirements. This individual will influence and partner with multiple internal and external stakeholders at all levels, including business leaders, employees, vendors and community resources.
- Drive day-to-day operations of regional employee housing portfolio by occupancy and budget tracking, facilities management, database software utilization, and performance metrics
- Design and execute on the Employee Housing strategy driving the Company’s short- and long-term business needs, to include data management, reporting, assessment, and assistance in furthering strategic planning efforts for Regional Team operations
- Lead a high performing team focused on value creation, engagement and development, delivering results, and supporting long-term organizational goals
- Manage complex internal relationships and ensure clear communications with stakeholders including local Housing Teams, VR Leadership, Housing Liaisons, HRBP’s, COO’s
- Set and track short- and long-term capital plan and drive execution of projects. Responsible for completion of all project plans and expenses.
- Manage and deliver standardized, best-practices, across the enterprise as a leader in the Enterprise Housing Team
- Train and support Housing Team in the delivery of exceptional customer service and strong interpersonal communication for resolution of resident conflicts and concerns
- Oversight of all programming initiatives related to wellness strategies in Employee Housing ensuring alignment with Company vision
- Resolve high level complaints or concerns for region - provide resources and support for all residents, regional housing team and department
- Serve on Housing Leadership Team to help create and deliver standardized best-practices aligned with enterprise-wide values and strategy
- Create a safe, fun and diverse housing culture that helps provide employees an experience of a lifetime
- Other duties as assigned
- University/College Degree Required
- 2+ years’ experience in capital project management, project coordinator, or in supporting large-scale project development and implementation
- 2+ years’ experience in housing or related field
- Strong analytical experience
- Vendor and contract negotiation experience
- Budget and revenue management experience
- 3+ years’ experience of directly managing employees at a supervisory level
- Experience working with remote teams preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proficient computer skills, especially Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint
- Experience in database management
- English strong written and verbal mandatory
- Spanish & French preferable
- Proven capability in data management and/or data analysis
- 4+ years’ experience in property management, housing, or similar experience
- Ability to align key stakeholders around a vision and to make timely recommendations based on insight, data, and influence.
- Experience with StarRez Housing is strongly preferred
The budgeted range starts at $67,000 - $81,150 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 455249