Staffing Scheduling Specialist
On Call, FTE: 0; Must be available Monday - Friday
Vaca Valley Hospital
Works under direct supervision of Staffing Supervisor. Performs daily staffing functions for all assigned units in collaboration with unit Clinical Manager, Clinical Nurse lV or designees. Responsible for the master scheduling process for all assigned units. Responsible for maintenance of the registry / traveler credentialing process. Responsible for unit placement of registry staff. Assists with secretarial, clerical and receptionist support for the Clinical Support Services Department. Maintains lines of communication while maintaining confidentiality of patient and employee information.
The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration, and Competence. Employees have the responsibility and accountability to demonstrate and role model these behaviors.
- Education: High School graduate or equivalent required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Experience: Previous hospital staffing experience referred. Previous secretarial experience required. Word processing experience required. Excel, Access, or
- ther database experience preferred.
- Skills: Excellent organization and communication skills. Able to work independently and organize workload, prioritize and use good judgement. General office skills. Able to handle heavy telephone traffic and to work with frequent interruptions. Ability to manage all types of stress well in a high demanding position. Proficient in using copiers, fax machines, and other general office machines.
- Physical Effort: Clerical skills – 80%; walking/standing – 20%. Can lift up to 20 pounds off floor to counter. Must be able to move items across counter tops which requires a turning/twisting action. Manual dexterity to perform general office duties and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Hours of Work: 8-hour shifts; 30-minute lunch and/or 6-hour shifts; lunch waived and/or 4 hour shifts. Some weekend and holiday work is required.