Solutions Architect, Telco
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking Solutions Architects to help global telecommunications service providers and partners transform their businesses with AWS technology.
The problem domains are diverse: 5G monetization, cloud-native network function virtualization, digital customer journeys, OSS/BSS transformation, mobile edge computing, hyperscale data, cybersecurity, and supply chain logistics. At your disposal is the breadth of AWS, including artificial intelligence, flexible and dynamic computing, IoT, and rich data analytics.
As part of the Telecommunications Solutions Architecture team, you will collaborate with customers, internal AWS teams, and AWS partners to deliver solutions to the unique challenges of information and operational technology in telecom customers. You will be the single-threaded owner of the AWS technology strategy for your customer and account team to drive AWS adoption. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value while assessing risks, balancing trade-offs, and encouraging risk-tasking to maximize your customer's business value of AWS is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think long-term about business, product, and technical outcomes.
Inside AWS, you are an ambassador of our customers. You will articulate customer needs by synthesizing your observations from customer engagements and market trends around telecom workloads to inform the roadmap of AWS features.
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to define and implement cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases.
At Amazon Web Services, we don't mind being called “peculiar.“ We have our own way of doing things. We're obsessed with customers, we see beauty in simplifying the complex, we are deeply curious, and we're comfortable with being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox, but our unusual approach and our culture –– focused on removing obstacles so builders can build –– are part of why our Amazonians enjoy working at AWS.
This role is ideally based in Denver metro, Dallas metro, or Washington DC / Herndon metro area Domestic travel of up to 30% is expected.
About the team
Our team is small, but growing, energetic and motivated. We come from diverse backgrounds, but what we all have in common is a deep curiosity, a passion for delighting our customers, and a desire to deliver technology that transforms their business. What’s it like to work at AWS? Our team experiences high levels of collaboration, lots of multi-tasking, and often course corrections or new ideas that mean adaptability is key. We find creative and scalable solutions to our customers’ difficult problems, and we own delivering those outcomes to the customer. We are also a geographically-distributed team, which means you will need to possess a high bias for taking action without immediate team consensus.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
- 2+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications or infrastructures
- 4+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
- 5+ years' experience in a customer-facing technology or engineering role
- 5+ years’ experience working with enterprises, telecom, or other service providers on network services design and deployment
- 5+ years’ experience working with enterprises, telcos, or other service providers on large-scale cloud transformation projects
- 5+ years' of design, implementation, or consulting experience with large-scale, enterprise data applications
- Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, or related field of study or 10+ years of related work experience
- Experience in a solutions architecture or sales engineering role engaging with customer technology leaders, building relationships, earning trust, and delivering results
- Superior written communication and presentation skills with business and technology audiences
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- AWS Technical Certifications
- Advanced technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Experience with Internet technologies, mobile and wireless networks, routing and security protocols and methods, network operations
- Experience with 5G or fixed broadband technologies
- Experience with network operations, network management, network service orchestration
- Experience with data analytics, AI/ML, and IoT
- Experience operating in the broader telecom ecosystem (standards and industry bodies, trade associations, network equipment providers, systems integrators)
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $153600/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.