Requisition Number: SOLUT01445
Truckstop.com is hiring a Solutions Architect
The Primary responsibility is to work closely with Product owners to ensure the teams have the right technology and processes to support feature driven development and delivery. A Solution Architect Role at Truckstop is a leadership position that requires excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Previous experience designing complex Angular web applications
- Understand best design practices with new mobile technologies
- Responsible for designing CI/CD processes to support department’s CI/CD goals of continuously delivering applications out to production.
- Create Application Development processes, software development standards, and technical approaches relevant to assigned technology.
- Accountable and responsible for continuous evaluation of current internal functions and processes and identify improvements.
- Provide technical leadership and applicable feedback ensuring best practices are followed.
- Responsible for providing on going technical training on new technology and frameworks for technical resources.
- Be the main Technical point of contact for assigned squads and quality assurance organization.
- Work closely with the Technical Product Owners to breakdown and refine the work for teams.
- Be a leader in implementing cloud services to solve business problems.
- Provide mentorship other developers and leads.
- Superior and proven communications, both in writing and verbally.
- Demonstrates servant leadership in interactions in all situations.
- Skilled communicator with superior presentation skills
- Comfortable and skilled at providing executive summaries to a wide variety of leadership
- Must be an independent contributor and the ability to be accountable and follow through on initiatives
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of practical development experience with a minimum of four years in a Lead or Senior level position.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles and software design patterns.
- Experience in creating enterprise-level single-page-web-applications from scratch, integrating mainstream DevOps tools and deploying to various cloud environments.
- Experience in creating and distributing mobile applications for Android and iOS platforms (Using any industry-leading technology).
- Well versed with the latest DevOps trends and Hands-on experience with the core principles i.e. CI/CD, Test Automation, Performance Monitoring, Application Uptime reports and Security compliance.
- Demonstrable capability visualizing architecture diagrams for hierarchy/relational associations with tools such as Visio, draw.io, etc.
- Ability to make decisions independently
- Empathy, humility and great listening skills
- History of collaborating effectively or leading cross-functional teams is a plus
- Skilled ability to develop and coach partners for improved and sustained performance
- Genuine interest in helping others and helping other people succeed, and a passion for growing and coaching team members, with an eye on employee experience and engagement
- Extensive experience with senior-level executive communication; executive presence is critical
- Strong negotiation skills to create a ‘win-win’ agreements
- Passion for and commitment to the Truckstop mission, vision, purpose, and values
- Track record and desire to work as part of high-performing team
- Unafraid to roll-up sleeves, get it done and “lead from the front”
Minimum physical exertion. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls. The position requires mobility. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 5 pounds on a regular basis. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 75% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard and mouse.
The working conditions will vary between an office environment and a remote home environment. The ideal protected indoor work environment is a clean, non-hazardous work area. The noise level in the work environment is typical of most office or remote home environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises.
Truckstop.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.