Requisition Number: RNWOR01682
Looking for a position that is challenging, will keep your clinical skills sharp, but being doing so from the comfort of home
Compassion-driven, self-motivated, high-performing registered nurse
Your critical thinking and clinical skills are top-notch
Ready for a fast-paced position where you interact with patients through innovative channels, while keeping your clinical abilities sharp
Want to work for an organization poised for unprecedented growth—that offers work-from-home options
Then we should talk.
Carenet Healthcare Services is seeking an RN Clinical Care Advisor to join our team of talented professionals who provide telehealth and virtual care clinical triage assessments, health education and other services to diverse populations of patients and health plan members.
At Carenet Health, our nurses play an important role in helping healthcare consumers live their healthiest lives. You may not know our name, but odds are, our nurses or clinical staff have connected with you or someone you know as a trusted, behind-the-scenes partner for our clients—250+ of the nation’s premier health plans, health systems and their partners.
About 50,000 times a day, our compassion-focused teams guide people via phone, video, chat and other channels to high-quality and cost-effective care, coach them to improved wellness, and educate them about their healthcare resources and costs.
Our nurses and clinical staff supports patients across the U.S. and around the world. Our fast-paced positions offer innovative work-at-home capabilities, plus the opportunity to keep your clinical skills sharp and have meaningful interactions with patients in a less physically demanding setting than a traditional clinical environment.
We take great pride in our disciplined, evidence-based protocols and individual care approach. Our most effective clinical team members combine clinical expertise, critical thinking and the ability to develop a virtual, meaningful rapport in an empathetic way
By focusing on one patient at a time, you’ll leverage your clinical expertise, quick thinking and problem-solving skills to make a difference in thousands of lives every year.
Is this you?
- Bring empathy and a passion for evidence-based care to all you do.
- Multitasking and attention to detail are your superpowers.
- You have a strong clinical background and believe part of your job as an RN is to advocate for your patients.
- You roll with the punches on any given day, with any given interaction, and never lose sight of the need to use your stellar interpersonal and quick assessment skills.
- You respect different cultures and know that rule-following is essential to your personal integrity and your employer’s quality compliance.
A typical week in the life of this position:
- Work independently to make clinical decisions on routine patient care matters (at your license level)
- Provide patient-focused care and guidance on the phone or online, including accurately assessing needs, delivering or directing to the appropriate level of care, identifying potential health problems and influencing people to make better health decisions
- Communicate with our organization’s clients as needed and other team members, verbally and digitally
- Monitor your own performance with dashboard metrics and look for ways to improve
- Participate in coaching sessions to improve performance
- Document all patient/member interactions via management software
- A min of Three(3) years as a Registered Nurse with recent direct patient care experience; Five(5) years preferred in a high acuity level i.e. ICU, CC, ER, and or Tele - Health, Telephonic Triage.
- Must currently reside and have an Multi - State unrestricted RN license in one of the following states: AL, AR, CO, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, ME, MS, MO, MT, NE, NM, NC, ND, NH, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WI, WY
- Ability to become licensed in additional states as required
- Minimum of an associate's degree from a two-year technical college or technical school, or diploma nursing program; Bachelor's degree preferred
More important information:
- Full-time positions available (40 hours per week)
- Your schedule will include at least four weekend days per month. Differential pay may be earned for certain shifts.
- Training is 2-3 weeks, with the first two weeks being Monday-Friday 10:00AM-6PM CST. 100% Attendance is required. Training is done in a virtual, interactive classroom setting.
- For work-from-home positions, your home office must meet certain certification requirements that would be explained to you during the interview process.
For eight consecutive years, Inc. Magazine has named Carenet as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies. You may not know our name, but odds are, we have connected with you or someone you know as a trusted, behind-the-scenes partner for our clients.
What’s important to us?
- Being an integrity-driven organization that can truly change people’s lives
- Serving others joyfully and individually—we’re driven by the power of personal connection
- Pioneering next-generation healthcare consumer and clinical engagement experiences
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- A work/life balance