Engagement Security Consultant
Do you want to transform how we deliver security outcomes to our customers? Are you excited to help us earn customer trust through delivery excellence and implementation of security practices? Do you enjoy driving global initiatives within a fast-paced Professional Services organization?
The AWS Professional Services Engagement Security team seeks to improve the security of how AWS Professional Services consultants deliver to customers worldwide. This role is inherently cross-functional and requires a strong ability to think big and insist on highest standards as you influence others to evolve the way that AWS Professional Services interact with our customers.
As an Engagement Security Consultant on the US Federal, Nonprofits, and Healthcare ProServe team, you will be expected to own day-to-day operational security practices, both technical and programmatic. Technical leadership includes deliverable security reviews, build and deploy new technology and capabilities, and influencing Service Team roadmaps. Programmatic leadership includes building and executing project plans, stakeholder management, proactively identify and manage delivery risks, resolve issues, escalate when appropriate - all to drive successful customer outcomes on every engagement.
The ideal candidate should be a technical security professional showing strong bias for action and deep ownership over organization-spanning programs. Someone who is comfortable leading the charge to reduce ambiguity and earn trust while taking professional services team members on a journey from securing their working environments through scalable security tools, best practices in customer workloads, and security deliverable standards.
· Drive adoption of internal security best practices for AWS ProServe employees and partners working with customers during engagement delivery and software development lifecycle.
· Collaborate across AWS ProServe Engagement Security for consistent and authoritative guidance.
· Create and implement plans that have clear, measurable success criteria.
· Build and operate closed loop mechanisms proving security outcomes on customer engagements.
· Facilitate and/or personally conduct engagement and deliverable security reviews.
· Work directly with our customers and team members to integrate, invent and improve our security solutions.
· Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, within team, external groups and customers.
· Develop high-quality technical content such as tools, reference architectures, and white papers to help our consultants, partners, and customers build on the work you deliver.
· Help onboard new contributors to scale the team.
This position requires the candidate selected be a US citizen due to contractual restrictions with our customers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 5+ years of security operations or security advisory work with demonstrated track record for innovation and delivering results at scale.
· 2+ years of Project Management experience managing enterprise-level projects and continuous improvement programs.
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
· Experience in owning cross-team security implementation programs inclusive of metrics, communications, and prioritization.
· Experience driving application security and secure software development lifecycle programs.
· Experience working in a security operations environment.
· A clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture.
· Experience conducting security reviews and measuring against key performance indicators.
· Have at least one active project or agile management certification.
· AWS experience and/or relevant certifications.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Excellent written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical components of the company.
Pursuant to the San Francisco & Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $125,000 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.