Requisition Number: BEHAV06392
Upstate Cerebral Palsy has various opportunities within the Greater Utica/Oneida County area. We are looking to hire compassionate, professional, and versatile staff to support a variety of individuals. Our ideal candidate would have the ability to work independently, think quickly, and problem solve.
The Behavior Specialist level 2 is responsible to provide consultation to treatment teams on instructional strategies, evaluate individual behavior issues and skills which impact learning. The Behavior Specialist Level 2 is responsible to develop, implement, and monitor the effectiveness of behavior plans, provides support to acute behavior issues, complete required documentation, furnish data for psychiatric consults, develop and implement in-service training, educate treatment team members and participate in agency activities. These services will be provided under the supervision of the Behavior Specialist level 1.
Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide consultation to treatment teams on instructional strategies.
- Provide quality oversight of behavior specialist assistants if appropriate.
- Evaluate individual behavior issues and skills which impact learning.
- In collaboration with treatment team, develop, train, ensure quality implementation, and monitor the effectiveness of individual behavior plans.
- Develop and implement in-service training on behavior management to staff. Complete all required documentation according to program regulations.
- Provide support to acute behavior issues.
- Furnish data for individuals’ psychiatric consults and provide counseling services when credentialed to do so.
- Participate in activities as part of the treatment team that may include meetings, trainings, and committees.
- Establish a work environment that creates positive communication between supervisors and employees and assimilates new employees to the agency’s culture, values and mission.
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent government and agency regulations and operating standards
Level 2 BIS. In order for a party to be a Level 2 BIS, the party must meet the qualifications outlined in clauses (A), (B), or (C) of this subparagraph:
- (A) The party must have a BCBA and a Master’s degree in:
(1) behavior analysis; or
(2) a field closely related to clinical or community psychology that is approved by OPWDD; or
- (B) The party must:
(1) have either:
(i) a Master’s degree in a clinical or treatment field of psychology, social work, school psychology, applied psychology as it relates to human development and clinical intervention, or a related human services field; or
(ii) a New York State license in mental health counseling; and
(2) have or obtain OPWDD-approved specialized training or experience in functional assessment techniques and behavior support plan development; or
- (C) The party must:
(1) have a Bachelor’s degree in a human services field; and
(2) have provided behavioral services for an agency in the OPWDD system as of, and continuously since, December 31, 2012; and
(i) is actively working toward a Master’s degree in an applied area of psychology, social work, or special education; or
(ii) completes at least one graduate-level course in an applied health service area of applied psychology, social work, or special education each year.
- Two-Step TB test required, Step 1 required prior to first day of employment
- Basic Computer Skills (Windows, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Word, Excel)
This position does have regular and substantial unsupervised or unrestricted physical contact with individuals receiving services and is required by law to be fingerprinted for a criminal history record check under OPWDD (Office of People with Developmental Disabilities).
- Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License.
Our work environment provides the opportunity to grow and learn in a fast-paced atmosphere. We offer competitive benefits and salary to include a low-cost individual health insurance plan, dollar for dollar retirement match, life insurance, voluntary benefits, and generous paid time off.