L0180 BMW of Des Moines
BMW of Des Moines
Helping satisfied customers drive away with a smile on their face is what we do - join a team focused on earning customers for life!
As a Service Advisor you will be responsible for initiating automotive services and repairs by ascertaining vehicle performance problems and service requests; verifying warranty and service contract coverage; developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer records.
- Serve as the communicator and liaison between the customer and technician; ensuring the customer's needs are understood by the technician and the needed and recommended service/repairs are understood by the customer.
- Develop estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles.
- Prepare repair orders (RO), obtaining approval signatures and entering RO into service database system.
- Communicate additional repair and service needs to the customer based on vehicle inspection.
- Administer the manufacturer warranty for qualifying vehicle repairs.
- Keeping customer informed of service specials, completion times and service expenses.
- Previous Service Advisor experience, preferred.
- Prior experience as an automotive technician a plus.
- A team player who is focused on providing exemplary customer service.
- Basic mechanical understanding of an automobile.
- Acceptable driving record and a valid driver's license in your state of residence
We offer best in class industry benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays & PTO
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Lithia Learning Center
- Vehicle Purchase Discounts
- Wellness Programs
High School graduate or equivalent, 18 years or older required. Acceptable driving record and a valid driver's license in your state of residence necessary for select roles. We are a drug free workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity (regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status). We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.