Synopsys, Software Integrity Group, is named a leader for 2020 in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing (AST), in recognition of our vision and ability to execute. Security and risk management leaders will need to meet tighter deadlines and test more-complex applications by integrating and automating AST in the software life cycle eliminating risk before it puts them at risk. Every business runs on software, and defects in software create risk. We’ve curated the most powerful products and services to create one comprehensive platform that enables our customers to detect and remediate defects across their entire SDLC. To find out more about Synopsys SIG, check out https://www.synopsys.com/software-integrity.html.
Sales Development Representative
We are seeking an energetic individual to join our Sales Development team to generate qualified prospects for sales to close in our Burlington, MA office. Success in the SDR role requires a hunter-mentality with significant time on the phone following up on leads generated from marketing programs as well as independent prospecting.
The Sales Development Representative will report to the Manager of Sales Development and this role will be groomed to move into an Inside Sales Rep position.
- Master Synopsys target market, business drivers and strategies so that you can develop intrigue and position Synopsys products as a value add solution with prospects
- Reach out to and follow up with respondents from a variety of marketing programs to initiate conversation, learn current business programs and qualify potential business applications
- Execute the necessary daily activities as set forth by management, including phone calls and emails at a high quality to meet your monthly goals
- Identify key targets in our database and initiate contact with appropriate suspects, leveraging research resources to create intrigue, assess their current business methods and Nurture and manage leads until they are qualified as sales-ready
- Leverage all contacts to identify other prospects through referrals
- Identify decision makers and company goals to position Synopsys appropriately
- Track all activity thoroughly in our CRM system to support account and management teams, validate activity and lead qualification reports, and provide ISR with solid prospect background on role, need and intrigue to ensure high-quality prospect transition into the sales process
- Identify potential opportunities and transition leads to ISR’s by proactively setting up sales appointments for further qualification discussions
- Requirements: BS or BA degree and a minimum of 1-year business experience in sales is preferred. Recent college graduates are also encouraged to apply
- Highly intelligent individual who is driven to succeed
- Possess a high level of maturity and self-assurance
- Possess a high level of personal and professional integrity and an underlying commitment to make things happen
- Prepared to listen, learn and be molded into becoming a successful Synopsys representative
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience conducting business and building relationships in phone & email, with excellent phone, interpersonal, verbal & written capabilities
- Client-oriented writing skills
- Experience successfully managing multiple priorities simultaneously, maintaining a high-volume pace with the ability to “switch gears” quickly as the prospecting conversation warrants
- Over-the-top motivation and creativity to successfully reach prospects and create conversations
- Comfort recording everything into our CRM system (salesforce.com – we can only improve what we measure)
- Professional persistence & ability to “think on your feet” and make a compelling introduction. HUNTER mentality
- Organizational skills and a results-oriented self-starter attitude
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals – this position carries a qualified lead and pipeline quota and bonuses for exceeding quota
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications, Salesforce.com and internet navigation
- Applicable language skills are a plus (Dutch, French, German, Spanish and Swedish)
Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender preference, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Covered Veteran in accordance with federal law. In addition, Synopsys complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Synopsys Inc. also provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with a disability in accordance with applicable laws.