At a Glance
- You’re a motivated rising junior or above student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Information Technology
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from June 2, 2021 through August 6, 2021.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on June 2, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) intern supports, as well as an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities. Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business. May make recommendations for 'buy vs. build' decision. Provides complex analysis services translating user needs into detailed specifications to allow Information Technology Department to deliver an appropriate solution.
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of technology system interfaces and data integration, networks, operating systems
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Good interpersonal and consultative skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Detail oriented and committed to a high level of accuracy
- Knowledge of industry best practice for business analysis
- Models systems and data to a logical level, user interface design, and prototyping, decision tables/trees, data flows
- Modeling notation (UML, Structured, BPMN)
- Writing unambiguous, verified requirements to a testable level (functional and non-functional requirements)
- Training on elicitation and elaboration of requirements from a verified source and demonstration of using these skills to provide on elicitation and elaboration of requirements
Area of Interest
Information Technology, Intern
Corporate -CCL - CORPL
North Carolina - Charlotte
7910 Crescent Executive Drive
1707100840-Charter Communication Holding Company LLC-Engineering & Tech-IT SOC
Controlling Establishment ID
02128 - Charlotte 7910 Crescent Exec