Planet Fitness prides itself on creating a unique environment where anyone – and we mean anyone – can be comfortable. A diverse, Judgement Free Zone® where a lasting, active lifestyle can be built. This product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold-maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. As we evolve and educate ourselves, we will seek to perfect this safe, energetic environment, where everyone feels accepted and respected.
As a member of our staff, you will be responsible for providing a superior level of customer service to Planet Fitness members, prospective members and guests, ensuring an exceptional “Judgement Free“ member experience!
- Customer Service: Communicates and interacts with members (as well as potential members) in a way that exceeds expectations.
- Listening: Listen to staff and members. View the situation from everyone's perspective working together to resolve the issue.
- Problem Solving: Recognize and define the problem. Provide solutions using all resources available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the face of our club, always say hello and goodbye to our guest.
- Be on time for every shift and always in our uniform!
- Be knowledgeable of our offerings, answer phones courteously and assist callers with their Planet Fitness questions.
- Facilitate an unforgettable experience at our front desk: check-in members, assist with billing inquiries, provide legendary tours, actively listen to member questions and escalate for a solution, log amenities to track usage and club performance.
- Be aware of company promotions, events and changes that will have an impact on the member experience.
- Be the expert of our POS system. This is critical, in order to enroll new members or assist current members with billing inquiries, updates to personal information or beverage/merchandise sales.
- Daily upkeep of our entryway, always have an eye for keeping the front of our house clean! This includes our windows, lobby and front desk.
- Focus on completion of our training courses and actively seek opportunities for additional development.
- Within 60 days of hire, attend a company provided CPR certification and maintain an active certification throughout your employment.
- Continuous cleaning throughout every shift: floors, equipment, mirrors, bathrooms, tanning equipment and trash. Follow our cleaning checklist to ensure we are providing a consistent experience to members in every gym each time they work out.
- Continuous standing and walking throughout shift
- Continuous talking in person or over the phone during shift
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
About Alder Partners LLC
As the most innovative health club brand in the United States, Planet Fitness is known for a lot of things – our absurdly low prices, our Lunk Alarm™, and most of all perhaps, for our Judgement Free Zone® philosophy, which means members can relax, get in shape, and have fun without being subjected to the hard-core, look-at-me attitude that exists in too many gyms.
Planet Fitness is a franchise of fitness centers. The particular Planet Fitness health clubs to which this position supports, located in Massachusetts and Georgia, are independently owned and operated by Alder Partners, LLC (“Alder Partners“). As an independent franchise we have built our company by staying true to our core values. Those values include: Accountability, Family, Communication, Consistency, Passion and Having Fun.
Alder Partners mission statement: Our family thrives on providing a passionate, fun environment that consistently has an open line of communication between members and staff which ultimately creates maximum accountability.
JOIN THE CLUB.
Enhancing people's lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We're continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand. With more than 2,000 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama, Mexico and Australia, there's plenty of opportunity on our Planet and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team!
Our member mission says it best: our product is a tool, a means to an end; not a brand name or a mold maker, but a tool that can be used by anyone. To use our product, members need to feel inspired and motivated. That's where you come in. If you're looking for a place where you can make a difference in a customer's life, you've found it. Come to add your mojo to the Judgement Free Zone, but stay for the feeling that you're making a difference on our Planet.
TO FIND YOUR PERFECT FIT, SEARCH FOR A CLUB OPPORTUNITY NEAR YOU.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.