MasTec North America, Inc. is a leading national infrastructure construction company operating throughout the United States. MasTec – Utility Services' activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you'll be joining a family, where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
MasTec Utility Services Group is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Aerial COM Leadman is responsible for leading the crew in preparing and cleaning construction sites by removing debris and possible hazards, loading and unloading building materials to be used, operating equipment and machines, and helping craft workers with their duties. This position supports the Construction team and works with personnel within the department.
- Supervise COM Laborer/Groundman staff to include training and coaching.
- Clean and prepare the construction site for work, remove debris and possible hazards.
- Assist the tradesmen to be able to complete their skilled task more effectively.
- Identify utilities and watch dig crew dig to prevent utility hits.
- Clean up and maintain equipment.
- Restock trucks with supplies and ensure crews have the proper tools and supplies to complete the job.
- Seed and straw.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
- A High School Diploma, or equivalent.
- A valid driver's license.
- Precise hand-eye coordination.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less, with the ability to judge distance and space relationships.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors of utility flags and markings on the ground.
- One or more years of experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Safety training.
- A CDL Class A license.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates in a field environment. This role routinely requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, and twisting. Also, this role works in inclement weather conditions, such as extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, ice, snow, and wind.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This position is physically active, with lifting required. Must be able to bend and lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The Company reserves the right to revise or change the job duties as the need arises. Management reserves the right to change the description, duties or work schedules to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Don't miss this great opportunity!
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan. MasTec is a publically traded company MTZ (NYSE).
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.