The Project Manager is the overall manager for assigned project. The Project Manager ensures that all contracted work is developed, implemented, installed and managed in accordance with the Company's requirements, including but not limited to, safety, quality, management and financial performance requirements. All aspects of the assigned project(s) must be carried out as efficiently as possible with respect to staffing, materials management, financial management, customer care and customer delivery goals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Project Manager will recruit, hire, train, manage, supervise, promote, discipline and discharge, if necessary, all project related staff. Effectively manage all human resource issues (and escalate as needed) per Company policies and procedures. Complete recommendations for project related employees' performance ratings, promotions and pay changes. Provide guidance and mentoring to meet all customer and Company goals and objectives. The Project Manager will manage the workload distribution and monitor the customer delivery and job installation progress. The Project Manager will plan for, manage, monitor and maintain project profitability to achieve Company goals. The Project Manager reviews all job cost postings for accuracy and completeness, including but not limited to, the preparation of invoices, customer collections and periodic financial reporting to the customer and management. The Project Manager will manage all related quality and safety issues on customer work. The Project Manager will participate in and/or facilitate the bid process. The Project Manager acts as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s). The Project Manager will create, develop and implement account process improvement(s). Other responsibilities as assigned. Data Center experience
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- The Project Manager must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and lead others to create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
- Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- Must have proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
- Must have proven high skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Must able to travel within branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
- Must have the ability to learn Company and customer project management systems.
- Must be able to secure and maintain a Company sponsored American Express Card.
- Must be able to use the following trade Tools: punch tool with 110 block and 66 block blade, 6/8 position combo crimp tool, Krone/3M/BIX, butt set, volt-ohmmeter, 4-pair continuity tester and 5-gang punch tool.
- Regular and reliable job attendance required
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- RCDD certification preferred.
- Must have experience in customer interface, such as liaison between the customer and the Company.
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years of supervisory or managerial experience.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in telecommunications or a related technical or construction field.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS Project).
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Must have demonstrated verifiable ability to define a project, create a project scope of work, develop detailed associated tasks and manage these to final completion and customer turnover.
Minimum Years of Experience
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES's 2019 fiscal year ending September 30, 2019 IES produced over $1.1 billion in revenue and employed over 5000 employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States. IES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Females. Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans Encouraged to Apply.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS. NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company's obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. “EEO is the Law“ poster | “EEO is the Law“ poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work