Requisition Number: SENIO01537
The role of Senior Consultant, Technology Consulting Services, will assist our clients in building technology solutions around data migration, integrations or custom application development.
In this role, the Senior Consultant will work with clients to review business requirements, create supporting design documents and implement the desired solution delivering data migrations, integrations or other custom solutions. A critical component of this role is documentation and validation. The key activities for this role are outlined below:
- Development of business and/or design requirements to facilitate development activities
- Develop code, scripts or processes necessary for client data conversion, migration or integration, and validation.
- Creation of conversion, migration, or integration support documentation
- Create applications, tools, or other objects to support data conversion, migration, integrations and validation rules using SQL, HTML, Data Loader, Java, .NET tools, or other advanced development tools or products.
- Develop complex data migration plans utilizing industry standard ETL tools such as Actian, SSIS, Informatica, etc.
Although Deltek products are the primary focus of our business, knowledge and understanding other tools is preferable and will ensure the success of this candidate.
In this role, it is expected that the candidate will travel 50-75% during the year depending on client assignments and engagements.
This position may also have managerial responsibilities over a team of technical professionals.
- BA/BS in accounting, business or computer systems
- 5+ years experience with the complete Software Development Lifecycle
- 5+ years interacting and use of multiple database platforms (Oracle, SQL)
- 5+ years of data migration experience using industry standard ETL tools and applications.
- 5+ years of experience in building technology solutions for Government Contractors.
- 5+ years of experience with the following development languages:
- SQL Server, Oracle, SQL, DDL, and stored procedures, triggers, indexes
- Basic proficiency with common ETL toolsets
- Experience extracting, transforming and loading financial/accounting data
- Experience developing inbound/outbound interfaces to ERP or finance/accounting software
- Strong technical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Experience with design of validation rules for conversion and migration activities
- Knowledge of 3rd party testing and quality control tools and applications.
- Knowledge of other 3rd party tools/applications such as:
o Deltek Costpoint and associated products
- Oracle/Oracle Financials
- Talent Management (Taleo, etc.)
- VB.NET/C# Development
- .NET Framework
- Web Service Development