Inside Sales Associate - Part Time
McCormick Paints is seeking a Part-Time Inside Sales Associate in Northern Virginia. Primarily responsible for supporting sales efforts in a McCormick Paints store, assisting customers over the phone and in-person by determining needs, and presenting appropriate products and services. This involves preparing orders, selling merchandise, pulling orders from the sales floor or warehouse, as well as tinting, mixing & matching paint to meet customer specifications.
The Retail Sales Associate will also participate in the stocking of shelves, setting up of displays, regular cleaning of the store and equipment, as well as loading and unloading of trucks. The position may also require the making of deliveries, and other duties, as necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Determine customer needs and answer customer questions
- Tint, Mix & Match paint to meet customer specifications
- Prepare orders for store and delivery orders
- Process sales and payments accurately
- Participate in regular inventory checks
- Assist in the stocking of store shelves and counter areas
- Perform scheduled store cleaning and maintenance duties
- Load delivery van with paint & sundry products
- Assist in the routine updating of price books, customer account card changes, and filing of paperwork
- Assist in making deliveries and unloading orders at the destination
- Receive and unload incoming deliveries and stock the warehouse
- Other duties as assigned
- High school degree, or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and carry up to 50lbs
- Must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone
- Prior experience is a retail, sales or customer service position
- Customer service skills, including problem solving and handling customer complaints
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a customer-centered environment
- Dependability, flexibility and professional demeanor
- A self-motivated, engaged, team player
- A valid drivers license & clean driving record
Founded in 1960, McCormick Paints is the largest and oldest family-owned independent paint manufacturer on the East Coast. This long history in the region has enabled McCormick to set itself apart from the competition by offering a unique combination of personalized services and regional expertise. McCormick Paints ensures that all customers get the right product for their specific needs and climate, earning the motto, The Paint the Pros Use. McCormick Paints prides itself on its agility to manufacture a custom paint solution for clients in the mid-Atlantic region, which national competitors may not be able to accomplish.
To support our growth plan, McCormick Paints is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent. We offer unique opportunities. In 2016, McCormick Paints was voted one of the top places to work by the Washington Post. As the company continues to expand its footprint across the mid-Atlantic region, family-owned and operated, McCormick Paints will remain a leader in the manufacturing and delivery of paints and coatings for clients looking to add value, protection and beauty to their property.
McCormick Paints is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.