Recently ranked at #72 on Fortune magazine's list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Lead and direct production employees in all phases of plant operations.
- Assure the compliance with all delegated limits of authority.
- Welding Experience Required.
- Be responsible for scheduling and organizing employees to accomplish production operations.
- Plan and conduct daily safety/operational meetings with employees under your supervision.
- Complete all reports and records as required.
- Responsible for the proper care, maintenance and location of all tools and equipment.
- Maintain good housekeeping throughout work area.
- Assist in other jobs and areas of mine, plant and maintenance as directed by Management.
- Communicate any ideas that might reduce costs and/or improve overall production.
- Insure all EPA standards are maintained in regard to oil spills, oil leaks and dust control.
- Lead by example on all MMM safety rules/procedures and MSHA compliance standards and ensure that all employees under your direction are following established safety polices/procedures.
- Encourage employees to participate in Guardian Angel activities.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 3+ years industry experience; with a minimum of 1 year supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
- Must be safety-conscious, dependable, motivated and possess a positive attitude in working with others as a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work nights, if needed.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test, physical and background check.
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Sickness and Accident – Short-Term Disability
- Optional Long-Term Disability
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
We are an equal opportunity employer.Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.