HIM Techs III
CHRISTUS Health. Tyler, TX
Facilitates timely, accurate and complete medical record documentation physician quantitative deficiency analysis according to current JCAHO, Medical Staff Bylaws Rules and Regulations and other regulatory requirements. Must be able to interpret physician orders, progress notes and clinical documentation by other disciplines and determine compliance of documenta-tion with state and federal regulations and JCAHO standards. Utilizes work-list in order to manage the analysis and re-analysis function on the computerized imaging system. Must be able to communicate with providers with computerized deficiency management system to request needed information and be able to explain/justify the reason for the request as may be necessary. Assists HIM services in tracking and reporting for complete and timely medical records. Keeps department leadership informed of problems and issues related to chart retrieval and delivery issues for all patient care areas. Performs other duties as assigned. Assumes responsibility for excellent customer service.
- HS Diploma/GED; Completion of medical term course preferred
- 2 yrs experience in office setting to include customer service and data entry skills; 1 yr hospital HIM experience
- Customer service skills and communication (verbal & written) to be able to work w/ physicians; strong computer skills
- Windows Environment
- General Office Equipment - Able to operate office equipment such as PC, Scanner, Copier, Printer, and Fax Machines
- Analytical and critical thinking skills necessary when performing chart completion processes. Detail oriented and the ability to work in a demanding environment.