Business Development Manager - Environment & Infrastructure
Department / Discipline
Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood in Saudi Arabia currently has a requirement for a Business Development Manager to work out of Riyadh. The successful candidate will have the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle, from studies and FEED to PMC & PMO, to ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client’s requirements.
- To lead and deliver on registrations with government and non - government entities
- To own, manage and coordinate, in conjunction with others as defined, the preparation of Prequalification submissions to clients (including Expressions of Interest etc.)
- To support Proposal Managers in preparation, collation and delivery of proposals and other administration as required
- To monitor status, progress and quality of prequalification’s, and endeavor to address and / or “flag up” concerns regarding these. To provide current market analysis, maintain client relationship management database and ensure the Sales Database is current and correct. Log and keep accurate records of all in - coming and outgoing client correspondence
- To attend and assist in Business Development meetings. To provide administration services for the Sales and Proposal Department
- Ensure assigned Prequalification’s are developed and reviewed using best practices and to meet client requirements
- Support in development of Proposals (or Prequalification’s) as assigned and carry out activities as requested by the responsible Proposal Manager. Where supporting proposals maintain an awareness of Wood processes (Preparation of Proposals) and how this requires the proposal to be developed
- Maintain records and reports of Prequalification activities up to date for assigned items and keep Manager, Proposal Systems informed of progress and issues. Ensure that Wood’s Saudi entities are correctly registered in client’s vendor systems, E - Systems etc.
- Keep track of our registration status and ensure that we renew in a timely fashion as required. Provide support in developing and arranging presentations to clients in relation to Proposals, Prequalification’s, Business development or similar activities as assigned
- Attend job explanation meetings as required (May be throughout the GCC region) and take notes to develop Win Plans and Competitor Profiles
- Provide Market analysis and presentations to support the Sales strategic efforts
- Maintain and update proposal information stores (experience lists, project profiles and similar) in coordination with other Senior / Proposal Engineers. Support and implement departmental improvement initiatives
- Provide administration support to the Proposal Manager for allocated Proposals - including collection of bid and tender bonds, printing, collating and delivery of the proposal document to the client. (Including collection of bid bonds post submission as required)
- Prepare and maintain the electronic and paper filing system for proposals. Coordinate Invoices issued by Wood offices for KSA clients and assist in chasing outstanding client invoices. Tracking and monitoring such missing payments
- Maintain and update database records associated with proposals - including CV’s, project profiles and experience lists. Provide administration support for Sales and Proposal Manager Meetings - including meeting room and refreshment bookings
Skills / Qualifications
- The Coordinator will be a integral part of the Environment and Infrastructure Solutions - Business Development & Commercial department, and will ideally have experience in Infrastructure bid coordination, proposals and estimating, and strength in taking ownership and delivering administrative support
- Candidate must have at a minimum a bachelor’s degree (preferable in business or commerce) and be fluent in English and Arabic (Speaking & writing)
- Candidate must have 8 to 10 years of demonstrable experience and be a Saudi national already living and established in Riyadh
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!