At ACV Auctions, you have the opportunity to be a part of the fast-growing automotive technology company. Our team is pioneering new technology and end to end service for the automotive industry. We are committed to making ACV Auctions a leader in the automotive wholesale industry. ACV is positioned to re-engineer the way the automobile industry buys and sells used vehicles. Our employees benefit from a relaxed yet intense entrepreneurial work environment with the chance to be part of a “ground floor” opportunity having an impact on the company’s results from day one and grow as ACV Auctions does.
Who we are looking for:
ACV Auctions is looking for an enthusiastic Vehicle Condition Inspector who has a knack for cars and wants an opportunity to join a growing company. Our Vehicle Condition Inspectors are the face of our company. They know a ton about cars, and love to talk about them - explaining to our clients what they need to know in a way they can understand. They have boundless energy and work tirelessly to ensure our clients get nothing but the best. Our inspectors are meticulous. Nothing gets by them. At ACV Auctions we pride ourselves on Trust, Transparency, and Credibility and our Vehicle Condition Inspectors deliver this to our customers every day.
What you will do:
- Partnering with a Territory Manager and a team of Vehicle Condition Inspectors, conducts inspections of vehicles at franchise dealerships to detect damage, missing parts and mechanical problems.
- Prepare and submit a report of vehicle condition, repair/replacement cost estimates, and related documentation.
- Document vehicle condition by completing an electronic condition report utilizing a company issued smart phone.
- Maintain knowledge of system capabilities, knowledge of needed/job-relevant software packages, and web-based applications.
- Travel to & from franchise dealerships and independent dealerships to inspect, write condition reports, sell vehicles
- Take multiple, overall, and damage photos match them to a vehicle, and download them to the image server utilizing the company issued smart phone.
- List inspected wholesale vehicles utilizing ACV Auctions platform for bidding and purchasing.
- Sign up independent dealerships as buyers utilizing ACV Auctions digital platform.
- Must be comfortable having a conversation with customers around all aspects of ACV Auctions.
- Client interfacing etc...
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1 - 3 years of experience in the automobile field (i.e., inspections, body/mechanic shop, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Basic Inspections (Electronic Condition Report), Vehicle Grading, Repair Recommendations & Frame Merit Certifications a nice plus.
- Body, paint and mechanical repair knowledge.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required
- No previous DUI/DWI/DWAI and no restrictions on driving commercial vehicle
- Reliable transportation to travel to client sites and to and from home office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat or kneel.
- Ability to lift and hold at least 10 lbs at waist level for an extended period of time.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to drive a manual & automatic transmission.
- Vision abilities required to properly identify small defects around and underneath vehicles.
- Ability to work outside in the elements for extended periods of time.
- Ability to pitch while in training.
What we will offer:
- Base salary plus commission and mileage reimbursement
- Professional training opportunities and upward mobility
- Upbeat Innovative Culture
- Vehicle Condition Inspector role is 80% field-based traveling to various dealerships
- Tools provided to help you be successful (company issued smart phone; OBD-II Scanner; Tire Tread Measure; Paint Meter; Magnetic Ruler; top of the line company developed proprietary tools)
- Work/Life balance
Hiring is contingent on a satisfactory background check as permitted by law. Any falsification of your application or any other hiring materials is grounds for rescinding an offer or termination of employment. ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-JB1