Sr. Financial Analyst, Alexa Mobile Finance
This team seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to be a key member in our Alexa Mobile Finance team. Over the past decade Amazon has developed a number of market-leading, innovative, and fast-growing digital and mobile businesses including Kindle, Kindle Fire Tablets, Fire TV and Echo. This is an exciting opportunity to support Amazon's Devices Org in growing the Alexa Mobile organization.
The successful candidate will have shown experience in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self starter with strong modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has regular interaction with executives and various business units across Amazon and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Key job responsibilities
- Work directly with business leaders to identify opportunities and develop business cases
- Partner closely with Product and Product Marketing to build KPI forecasts, develop the first set of financial statements for several businesses, and influence the short and long term business strategy
- Lead short and long-term financial planning
- Establish and maintain operating and business metrics
- Develop financial models for new business concepts
- Partner with Product Management, Business Development and Engineering teams to understand and influence the financials of existing and new Mobile services and opportunities
- Own and present studies on business levers to senior management
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
- Strong analytical and communication skills with an ability to articulate complex financial views to business teams
- Track record of working with business owners to develop and define key business questions and build data sets that answer those questions
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in an ambiguous environment
- Superior attention to detail, project management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Advanced Excel & business modeling skills (pivot tables, V-look ups, Macros, etc.)
- Knowledge of SQL, Cognos and Essbase
- MBA or equivalent is helpful, but not required
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.