Regional Maintenance Manager
Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering (RME) is hiring for Maintenance Managers!
At Amazon we believe that Every Day is still Day One! We’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
The Maintenance Manager will lead a team of facilities associates, as well as potentially supervise Area Maintenance Managers, and will ensure a safe working environment for all.
- Support the Operations team by working in a safe, customer-focused manner; and must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric.
- Develop and design innovative solutions to difficult problems, manage outside contractors and be on call for emergencies.
- Handle multiple internally- and externally-sponsored projects and daily activities, manage and meet deadlines, and develop & track plans on how to accomplish departmental and distribution goals.
- Work with local site Safety department leadership to understand, implement, and audit safety programs. Ensure that all safety programs and procedures are followed.
- Develop and maintain preventative maintenance programs and good working relationships with Operations leadership.
- Facilitate technical and safety training, as well as help to develop professional development of departmental Maintenance technicians.
- Mentor all Maintenance technicians by motivating and providing direction to help them achieve their goals and make a consistent effort to go above and beyond.
- Develop Maintenance department business plans and provide guidance and direction for the successful implementation of those plans.
- Work with site Finance team to develop, set and track budgets.
- Participate in and support efficiency improvement Kaizen activities for the site, as well as the network when needed.
- Develop capital spending plans, facilitate cross-functional project planning and perform cost analysis.
- Own and promote excellent housekeeping.
- Participate in weekly network Maintenance calls and periodic Maintenance Manager off-site conferences.
- Candidates must have the ability to provide specific, enriched feedback to enhance individual performance, and provide associates with written performance appraisals including discipline and up to termination.
· Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of equivalent experience working at Amazon.
· Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil)
- Ability to travel to various sites as needed.
- 5+ years’ experience in the distribution or manufacturing field with equivalent experience in the mechanical or electrical field.
- Experience in the following areas:
- Automated conveyors systems and controls
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Blueprint and electrical schematic reading
- CMMS programs
- Preventive maintenance procedures
- Industrial electrical
- Industrial controls
- Industrial electronics
- Industrial PC literary
- Ability to develop and maintain a partnership and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally with Safety, Operations, Engineering, Sr. Management, peers, contractors and vendors
- Ability to multitask and prioritize many different projects
- Six Sigma Certification
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us