This job posting is for the Waterview Shores Assisted Living location.
Current Available Shifts:
- Full-Time or Part-Time (Day or evening shift)
- On-Call (Varied hours)
The PCA position in the Assisted Living Facility provides quality, direct tenant care in all activities of daily living including, but not limited to, dressing, grooming, bathing, feeding, toileting, transferring, walking and positioning. With direction from the Licensed professional Nurse in coordination with the interdisciplinary team, the PCA provides individualized physical, psychological and social support to tenants while maintaining dignity and meeting their needs and expectations. The PCA interacts with tenants, family, visitors and other members of the assisted living health care team. They further do light housekeeping and wait staff duties as needed
- Follow service plan for each tenant, including daily living functions of dressing, grooming, toileting and all needs as tenant requests.
- Assists with dining services as needed, including escorting tenants to and from meals, feeding, and distributing snacks.
- Assists tenants with transfers in and out of bed and chairs as necessary using correct transfer procedures and equipment.
- Makes rounds at night as scheduled to assure safety of all tenants.
- Immediately communicates to nurse any significant changes in the tenant's condition.
- Responds timely and efficiently to tenants' calls.
- Reminds/assists tenants to take medication that is set up in their apartments.
- Provides laundry services when necessary per Service schedule.
- Returns laundry to the correct tenant and puts in correct closet.
- Provides light housekeeping tasks for each tenant's apartment.
- Measures weight and height of tenants.
- Monitors and records vital signs.
- Under directions of RN, may give a scheduled medication, PRN medication, and insulin injections.
Must be able to pass competencies for the PCA by Monarch, prior to providing hands on care. Must have experience in a health care related field. Must be able to take written and verbal instruction from supervisors. Must be able to communicate with tenants, visitors and staff.
Must qualify for employment, after criminal background check, per guidelines of the Minnesota Department of Human Services.