We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be a member of the Twin Falls Site Quality Assurance Team. You will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures in, specifically, the Analytical Laboratory. The position will support not only the objectives and responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Department, but also that of other key departments, such as Operations and Research and Development.
This role will assist with conducting routine testing of finished product, in-process samples, ingredients and packaging for key analytical parameters using both reference and rapid methodologies. Testing may include, but is not limited to, % moisture, water activity, % fat protein, sugar content, sensory analyses, etc. In addition to routine testing, this role will also be responsible for assisting in other key project work. Through both routine and non-routine testing, this role will gain exposure to using gas chromatography, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) spectroscopy, Fourier-Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy, and e-Nose technology.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Understanding and following laboratory safety procedures and working with safety as a priority
- Completing training on pertinent methodologies and tasks, and demonstrating proficiency following training
- Assisting Analytical Team on routine testing supporting both commercial food production and product development
- Assisting Analytical Team on current projects (e.g., method development, method optimizations, etc.)
The requirements of this position include:
- Enrolled in an accredited university program studying chemistry, microbiology, food science, or other relevant field
- Prior experience with gas chromatography preferred, but not required
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs
Since our founding over 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America and the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work®, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.