The Engineering Internship will allow the successful candidate to greatly enhance their real-life experiences and learn modern skill-sets within the field that he/she is studying. It is an outstanding opportunity to get hands-on experience on the plant floor in the areas of troubleshooting techniques and engineering design. The Intern will have the ability to participate in the enhancements and growth/upgrades of our existing control system.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Work with onsite team on Productivity projects and Engineering studies
- Work with onsite Engineering to assist with capital projects as needed
- Learn packaging systems lay out, process flow and specify equipment such as automatic/ Semiautomatic, packaging equipment
- Preform time studies on current systems and identify gaps in the packaging processes
- Update and or modify drawings for Chobani packaging component
- Write scope documents and reports
- Other duties as assigned
The requirements of this position include:
- The Engineering Intern should be enrolled in a Bachelor’s program and studying Chemical, Packaging, Industrial or Mechanical engineering
- Students with a minimum of one year of major specific classes, preferred
Since our founding over 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America and the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work®, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.