JOB TITLE: Engineering Intern LOCATION: Twin Falls, Idaho
DEPARTMENT: Engineering POSITION TYPE: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager LEADS OTHERS: N/A
YRS OF EXPERIENCE: 2-3 Years DATE CREATED: March 2020
Clif Bar was born on a bike. In 1990, Gary Erickson set off on a 175-mile bike ride. Exhausted and hungry, he realized he couldn’t take another bite of the energy bars he brought along. In that moment he now calls ‘the epiphany,’ he had the idea to make a better tasting energy bar.
Today, Gary and his wife, Kit Crawford, continue to lead Clif Bar’s innovative business model. Guided by Five Aspirations – Sustaining our People, our Business, our Brands, our Community and the Planet – Clif Bar is a family- and employee- owned company that loves food. We believe that food provides health, joy and energy to do the things we are passionate about. The food we create is good for people and the planet.
Interning at Clif Bar is an opportunity to work for a different kind of company where you can make impact changes; to your career, to your community, to the planet, and, to your life!
Intern with Clif Bar! Internships will run 10 weeks. Specific start date – June 8th will be determined based on intern schedule and department need. Interns must be current students who will continue their studies in Fall 2020. Please note that housing is not provided, and Clif Bar will not be responsible for relocation.
Clif Bar Baking Company is looking for an Engineering Intern to join our new Bakery Team in Twin Falls, Idaho.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Five Aspirations, as well as embody the “Clif Bar Ingredients” (Create, Inspire, Connect, Own It, and Be Yourself).
This candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a “high-change” environment where priorities shift from day to day. Candidates, who connect through positive and respectful interaction, inspire greater success across all Five Aspirations and create extraordinary experiences, solutions and ideas will be at the top of our list.
The candidate will work directly with the Engineering Manager on a variety of bakery improvement initiatives such as: Data collection and development for bakery maintenance management software, development of key process and utilities drawings and diagrams, various project management tasks based on need and availability.
- Ensure personal safety, food safety, and quality protocols are followed.
- Work with existing FSQA staff to become familiar with environmental, sampling, data collection, and data analysis programs within the department.
- Perform FSQA job duties to become familiar with process and procedures at CBBCTF.
- Develop enhanced reporting capabilities based off of existing data systems.
- Creates and maintains reporting for inclusion into the electronic quality management system.
- Coordinates the tracking of metrics to ensure the process is efficient, effective, and compliant.
- Lead and coordinate foods safety research and validation projects dependent upon experience and education.
- Develop and complete a project that contributes to the enhancement of the food safety programs at Clif Bar Baking Company of Twin Falls, LLC.
- Provides data analysis for quality data, sanitation data, and supplier data.
- Provides reports to ensure compliance with SQF, FSMA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Position-Specific Skills Required
The ideal candidate will:
- Takes ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors and contributions.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills and consistent follow through.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated integrity and a constructive approach to challenges.
- Working knowledge of statistics, including correlation, regression, ANOVA, and t-tests.
Leadership Skills Required
- Take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors and contributions.
- Strong ability to inspire and motivate self and others.
- Able to work collaboratively with all teams and departments to continuously improve food safety and quality.
- Ability to prepare reports and correspondence and to perform analytical tasks of test data
- Ability to assist in project management and to apply principles of logical and/or scientific thinking to the resolution of problems
Technical Expertise Required
- Working knowledge of HACCP, GMP’s, and quality systems in a food manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Experience in writing research reports.
- Experience in data trend analysis.
- Working knowledge of statistical software such as Minitab.
- A/ B.S. degree in scientific, mathematics, or economics discipline preferred.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Safe Quality Foods requirements is a plus.
- Excellent written skills required.
- Less than 5%
Take yourself lightly and your work seriously. And…bring your best self to work each day!
Pre-employment reference check, background check, drug-screening, and physical abilities test are required for this position.
Clif Bar Baking Company of Twin Falls, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply on-line or for additional information, please visit our website: www.clifbar.com/who-we-are/careers.