The Case Packer Operator is responsible for monitoring the Case Packer to ensure cups have been correctly packed into cases by the machine, with additional responsibility for case stacker, box closer, box drop and conveyor.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Monitor automatic packing of cups into cases in case packer, clear any jams and re-start machine as needed
- Verify foil lids are properly sealed and are on the right cup, verify cup code every 4 minutes
- Complete documentation accurately (downtime, cup code, verification sheets, work orders, start-up procedures, etc.)
- Refill glue pellets in pot
- Identify and eliminate non-conforming product
- Start, unjam and re-adjust case stacker, box closer, box drop and conveyor
- Responsible for some preventive maintenance on all machines, including taking up slack on belts, occasionally replacing sensors and air filters, oil and grease machines
- Remove empty boxes and reload into case packer
- Other duties as assigned
- Follow Chobani safety procedures
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
The requirements of this position include:
- 0 - 3 months in a production environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic math skills
- Great communications
- Basic computer skills
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Walking on wet floors
- Be able to lift 75 lbs
- Climbing stairs
- Must be able to be on feet for long periods of time
Since our founding over 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America that is expanding beyond yogurt, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what sets Chobani apart. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what sets our company apart. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work®, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.