Ski School – LTR/Wild Mountain- Rentals Coordinator
How would you like to work at a resort known as “the place to learn“? How about a resort where people come from miles and miles around to be taught by the best instructors in Tahoe? If this sounds good to you, then Sierra is where you want to be! Be an LTR Coordinator with Sierra at Tahoe Ski & Snowboard School and you will get to work outside and enjoy the many perks of being a Sierra employee.
Assists Adult and Children's Ski & Ride Programs Managers with the day-to-day rental operations of the Ski & Ride Schools LTR/Wild Mountain locations. This includes safe and courteous service to resort guests. As a customer focused organization, a crucial part of each employee's job is to get and keep guests.
Some Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for assisting guests with appropriate size skis/snowboard based on current methodologies including adjusting bindings to proper settings based on rental agreement information and selecting correct ski poles.
- Assists with providing direction to staff to ensure adequate guidance and resources to accomplish established goals and objectives for department.
- Assists with training, support, guidance, and providing feedback and with staff as necessary.
- Assists with daily operational issues as they pertain to the Rental Shop.
- Coordinates labor management guidelines provided by supervisor such as early outs, show up pay, and scheduling.
- Must verify all signatures and initials on liability release forms including proper signatures for minors.
- Must follow all ASTM standards regarding bindings.
- Responsible for setting up all cash banks and reconciling drawer at end of shift. Handles both cash and credit card sales accurately when working as a cashier.
- Assists with accurate data entry into rental equipment system for accurate inventory as well as able to create reports at the end of the day.
- Assist guests with resort information regarding rental, lift and ski school products.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
- Meet service level objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor.
- Flexible schedule
In immediate supervisor's absence, supervises 10 to 20 employees in the LTR/Wild Mountain Rental Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.); or one to three months' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
NOTE: Sierra-at-Tahoe is an EOE and Drug-Free Workplace. This job description shall not be construed as a contract for employment. Must be at least 18 years of age. A post offer background check is required.