The Shift Leader is responsible for managing the daily operations of our Moe's Southwest Grill. This includes ensuring that all guests are satisfied with their dining experience, overseeing the development and performance of team members. In addition, they are responsible for optimizing profits by utilizing Sterling Systems.
- Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant to Ensure guest satisfaction and increased profitability.
- Ensure 100% guest satisfaction in areas of Quality, Service & Cleanliness. If that goal is not met, take any and all actions needed to ensure that the dissatisfied guest becomes a regular guest.
- Provide direction to team members regarding operational and procedural issues. We do it the Moe's Way!
- Develop all team members by providing ongoing feedback.
- Create a work environment that is known in the community to be “the place to work“.
FOOD SAFETY AND PLANNING
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of exterior, kitchen and dining areas.
- Ensure compliance with Moe's/Sterling Operational Standards.
- Maintain a professional image including cleanliness, uniforms and appearance standards.
- Manage food flow from ordering, receiving, storing and serving to ensure high quality product, proper portioning and low waste.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect guests, employees and Sterling assets.
- Ensure a safe guest and working environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Complete all necessary reports in a timely manner in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Effective shift management.
- Previous restaurant experience recommended.
- Knowledge of computers (MS Word and Excel)
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Must be eligible to work in The United States.
- Must agree to a background check.
- Self-discipline, strong initiative, leadership ability and outgoing personality.
- Pleasant, polite manner with a neat, clean appearance.
- An effective motivator.
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and team members to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
- Ability to effectively supervise 15-25 team members to achieve desired goals.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting items and supplies weighing 50 pounds, and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
- Ability to perform all functions at the restaurant level as well as delivering caterings as needed.
- Work with hot, cold and hazardous restaurant equipment. Operation of phones, computers and other office equipment.
- Reports to General Manager/Operating Partner and Assistant Manager for his or her restaurant.
- Completes job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with Sterling policies and procedures.
- Maintains a harmonious working environment that will maximize team member morale, tenure, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Always be a positive representative of Sterling Restaurants to team members and the community.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.