Requisition Number: CONTI02041
California Dairies, Inc. is the leading dairy processing cooperative in California. As a farmer-owned cooperative, we operate several processing facilities located throughout California. CDI employees are highly valued and are provided competitive benefits packages and career growth plans.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- family medical/dental/vision
- retirement plans
- paid holidays
- paid vacation
- tuition reimbursement
- loss prevention and safety bonus programs
- To identify and deliver service improvement activity across the manufacturing operations through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking
- To work with key manufacturing stakeholders, to build a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing program of change
- To lead and facilitate process improvement workshops to drive ideas and solutions
- To support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within processes and identification of better ways of working
- To identify trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system
- To assist in the development and implementation of a ‘best-in-class’ continuous improvement strategy
- To take ownership of change initiatives from evolution/efficiency identification through to project delivery via internal governance and controls
- To work closely with New Product Development team to implement new and/or improved manufacturing processes for new innovations
- To elicit requirements and drive process change using staff interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, business analysis and workflow analysis
- To work with other team members and business services departments to devise new support material based on the revised processes, to include training, reporting and systems enhancements
- To actively monitor project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address in advance
- To ensure the business impact and project objectives/dependencies are identified, reported on and managed at all times
- To set up a program, deliver coaching and run projects pan jurisdiction
- To complete post implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery has been achieved and to ensure that improvements can be made for future projects Competencies.
- Develop and publish SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures), OPL’s (One-point lesson), and SWI (Standard Work Instructions) for various manufacturing processes across the organization.
- Provide training and facilitation of problem solving techniques; using RCA’s (Root Cause Analysis), and DMAIC Methodologies.
- Establish performance reporting structure and metrics to drive improvements and address opportunities.
- Assist in building a Daily Management System platform for plants for 3 organizational levels; Operator, Supervisor, and Plant Leadership levels.
- Promote Visual management tools and processes and standardize across plants; 5S standards, Communications Boards...etc.
- Audit improved processes and CI initiatives for sustainability and compliance.
- Provides on-going training and expertise regarding Continuous Improvement tools
- Provides analytical support to continuously identify gaps, project opportunities, and solutions
- Share successful best practices with other plants and teams.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must maintain excellent communication, both verbal and written, with managers and employees.
- Coordinate on-the-job training.
- Oversee adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to work with all levels of the organization to facilitate change and improvements on the manufacturing floor and beyond.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Accredited Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt, preferably Black Belt
- Minimum 5-7 years proven continuous improvement analytical experience from a similar role, including project management and business analysis with an excellent understanding of continuous improvement concepts including Six Sigma, Lean, value stream mapping
- Ability to set-up, facilitate and lead service improvement sessions with a range of business stakeholders (incl. experience of process/value stream mapping)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Project, Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Taking accountability for ideas from inception to delivery, in an environment that requires robust metrics to confirm success
- Experience of designing or implementing a framework of continuous improvement in a multijurisdictional organization
- Experience of hands-on implementation of continuous improvement programs and Lean solutions
- Experience of designing remediation plans to address productivity and efficiency issues, and track record of following through to ensure closure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of employees and subject matter experts
- Strong analytical, project and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operational requirements
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, able to operate in the initial conceptual design stage, in the depths of system testing, and at each stage in between
English is required as the spoken language. Other languages are a definite asset. A well-modulated tonal volume is required with excellent diction skills needed.
Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions given in written, oral, or diagram form. Must have the ability to discern when issues may require input from levels of authority within the corporation.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must possess or be able to acquire a California driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company will make reasonable accommodations that do not cause an undue hardship to the company if such accommodation enables individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Sitting/Standing/Walking: The Dispatch Supervisor during the course of an 8-hour workday will do all three.
Lifting/Carrying: The Dispatch Supervisor will lift up to 60 pounds on an in-frequent basis.
Pushing/Pulling: There are no pushing/pulling requirements.
Bending/Stooping: The Dispatch Supervisor will bend or stoop on an in-frequent basis.
Squatting/Kneeling/Crawling: There are no squatting/kneeling/crawling requirements.
Twisting/Turning: Twisting and turning are done while doing regular duties.
Climbing/Balancing: There are no climbing/balancing requirements.
Reaching: Frequent reaching from keyboard to telephones is required.
Grasping/Manipulating: Grasping and manipulating of papers, objects, and equipment will be required. Ability to use keyboard for data input will be required on an ongoing basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Employee will be subject to temperatures from 34 to above 100 degrees.
This job description will be updated if duties and responsibilities change significantly. Job functions are subject to modification based on business necessity.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act.
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.