There are many things to consider when deciding on your next employer. Do you want a job where you earn a paycheck? Or do you want a CAREER with a company that values their employees as well as the communities that they are in? At BancorpSouth we are more than just a work place. We are a company that prides itself on values and the people that we employ. Start your search for a career with BancorpSouth.
Job Title: Collector I
Physical Location: Tupelo Campus Bldg C, 2778 West Jackson Ave, Tupelo, MS 38801
Reports To: Collection Manager
Working Conditions: Normal, no adverse or hazardous conditions
Job Group Category: Non-Exempt
Work Hours: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 to 5:00
To collect past due consumer loans between 11 and 35 days past due.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate past due consumer loans and identify the responsible obligor(s).
- Communicate with the responsible obligor(s) in an effort to resolve the current past due situation and prevent future occurances.
- Properly document the collection system with details regarding customer contact and payment arrangements and document the customer's loan file with more detailed documents as required.
- Comply with all Federal and State consumer laws.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good computer skills.
- Able to organize and complete assigned work accurately and timely.
- Work well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude and even temper.
- Persistent, self-motivated, goal oriented and a team player.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected under applicable local, state or federal nondiscrimination laws.