Behind the Design is seeking a driven, customer-centric Office Manager to lead the showroom and design operations for our client, a high-end, full-service custom interior design company in the Tumwater, WA area.
Working in the design industry for over 40 years, and receiving top awards, their creative expertise continually delights their clients with stunning interior spaces based on unique functionality requirements and styles.
Interior design experience is not required for this role. However, the ideal candidate will have past experience in a fast-paced environment, requiring rigorous attention to detail. Every day brings something different!
Bring your strong organizational abilities, creativity, and collaborative, team-based experiences to our extraordinary team. You are a significant contributor to the overall success of our projects through your exceptional organizational support.
Watch as your daily contributions directly affect our growth and success.
Office Manager Core Functions:
- Project Management - From sample sourcing to vendor management and tracking orders, your goal is to ensure timetable progression toward target deadlines, simultaneously coordinating installations and related activities.
- Manage Showroom - Greet clients, answer phone calls, organize products and displays, update sample library with manufacturer product changes, handle incoming deliveries, mail, and all things administrative.
- Appointment Scheduling - Existing client discovery appointments for designers, follow up appointments, installation delivery coordination, and more
- Payments and Invoicing - Manage product purchasing, credit card payments & receipts, tracking and assisting in client invoicing
- Process Improvement - Provide solutions to process and procedure issues that will ultimately improve customer experience, project efficiencies, reduce error rates, and increase positive customer reviews
Your Core Experience and Abilities:
- Demonstrated success with project management
- A driving personality: takes initiative, proactively anticipates needs, and most importantly, consistent, forward progression toward the finish line
- Above-average skills in all Microsoft programs, including Excel, G-Suite, and Adobe Acrobat
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Astute accuracy. A mindful approach toward all areas of responsibility
- Exemplary planning abilities, time management, and organization of details, in a rapidly changing, fast-paced design world
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
What We Offer:
- Schedule - Monday - Thursday, 8 - 5 pm (32 hrs. a week)
- Benefits - Employee discount, 8 paid holidays, and 4-6 accrued floating days
- Training - 2 - 4 weeks of hands-on paid training
- Culture - Transparent, supportive of curiosity and new ideas, structured yet open-minded, collaborative, ethical
- Independence - Ability to use discretion and bring innovative solutions to help our business thrive
Competitive Compensation: Salary range of $24-$25 DOE, negotiable
If you are a detailed leader, client-focused with a drive to grow, APPLY now! We look forward to learning more about you.
Behind the Design and its affiliates are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a growing national company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.